Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
Med's Request
Oct 2014
Hi, I applied my case in on November, 2009. My case was transfered to Missisaga in Jan 2011. I was asked to appear in test on Aug 2011 and for interview in Nov 2011 but I couldnt because I had some exams then. I informed on CIC helpline beofre both the dates and they assured me to re schedule my test and interview. But till then, I didn't get any responce from Embessy. My ecas is showing status PROCESSING.
It has been more then 4 years, can any one help me
I have this shown in my ecas
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November **, 2009.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November **, 2009.

We started processing your application on September **, 2010.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on January **, 2011. The Mississauga office will contact you if additional information is required. The Mississauga office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on August **, 2011 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 1, 2011 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on November **, 2011 to appear for an interview with a citizenship judge on December **, 2011 at **** PM

I have written 2,3 lettters to the CIC but I am not getting any responce, kindly tell what to do

coolcanadian

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
LOL you had missed both dates provided by CIC and do you really think on both occasion they had accepted your lame exam excuse...like seriously...i am sorry but i am laughing loudddddd..i am so surprised where is the RQ.

jatt123

Jun 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
Med's Request
Oct 2014
So you are laughing as I had my very important exam. If you have luaghed enough, can you please tell now what would be next?

coolcanadian

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
not laughing at you my friend laughing at your excuse you given to CIC...twice they called you once to write a exam and second time for a interview and both time you had a exam...LOL...you clearly was not the country...anyhow you already wrote them a letter which they haven't responded to...try contacting your local MP that might help.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Jatt123,
If I were you, I would seriously consider contacting a lawyer. At the very least, contact your local settlement organization who can advocate for you in the citizenship process for cheap/free (or refer you to someone who can) and contact your MP. Also, prepare as much documentation as you can proving that you have been living in Canada. If your application goes forward, you will probably be asked to submit a Residence Questionnaire. http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/092012-rq-form/

You are in a precarious spot considering you missed both the exam and citizenship judge hearing. The CIC is looking to eliminate "dormant" applications of people who missed multiple tests or hearing invitations. It's frustrating that the Call Centre agent told you that rescheduling would not be a problem. Unfortunately their advice is not always accurate.

Did you miss two tests? Or one?