+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nova Scotia in-decision

James Mcguire

Jun 18, 2015
Dears,

I have an overall point of 420 and I have grown somewhat impatient and have a feeling that it will take forever for the draw points to come down to 420. However, now my consulted has advised me to apply for Nova Scotia as they think my profile is more appropriate to this province.

Can you guys pls give your suggestions if i shall go ahead or still wait for a month, and are the chances of success with Nova Scotia is good or moderate.

thanks guys and always appreciate your feedback.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
James Mcguire said:
Dears,

I have an overall point of 420 and I have grown somewhat impatient and have a feeling that it will take forever for the draw points to come down to 420. However, now my consulted has advised me to apply for Nova Scotia as they think my profile is more appropriate to this province.

Can you guys pls give your suggestions if i shall go ahead or still wait for a month, and are the chances of success with Nova Scotia is good or moderate.

At 420, you are unlikely to get an ITA in the medium term because the cutoff is very likely to go up as the PNs start arriving in people's inboxes. Nova Scotia Demand - Express Entry is a pilot program but looks promising and you can give it a try if you qualify. It doesn't need a qualifying job offer to apply. http://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/nova-scotia-demand-express-entry/

All the best!

James Mcguire

Jun 18, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
At 420, you are unlikely to get an ITA in the medium term because the cutoff is very likely to go up as the PNs start arriving in people's inboxes. Nova Scotia Demand - Express Entry is a pilot program but looks promising and you can give it a try if you qualify. It doesn't need a qualifying job offer to apply.

All the best!
Hello Asivad,

as always your comments are always useful :), you are right and i feel the same too that it is unlikely the points may come down to 420. You mentioned that Nova scotia is a 'pilot program' can you tell me what does it mean ?

thanks a lot mate.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
James Mcguire said:
Hello Asivad,

as always your comments are always useful :), you are right and i feel the same too that it is unlikely the points may come down to 420. You mentioned that Nova scotia is a 'pilot program' can you tell me what does it mean ?

thanks a lot mate.
In Ontario, the pilot program means that they are running the program for a trial period. However, a pilot program may runs for years and still continues to run. You do not need to worry about what a pilot program is. They may run for one or two years before deciding whether to continue the program.

James Mcguire

Jun 18, 2015
specialmary said:
In Ontario, the pilot program means that they are running the program for a trial period. However, a pilot program may runs for years and still continues to run. You do not need to worry about what a pilot program is. They may run for one or two years before deciding whether to continue the program.
Thanks a lot Mary :)

eecandidate

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
With 417 CRS, I applied for Nova Scotia on Feb 25, 2015 but even havent heard a word from them. So it kinda depressing:(

sujeetraja

Oct 28, 2014
Hello,

I have submitted my express entry profile on April 2015. My current points are 385. Iam confused as to whether I should write ielts again as my current score is 8 (L),9 (R),7 (S),6.5 (W). A CLB of 9 would take my score to 455 points. Please advice. Would there be a greater chance to get ITA if my score is 455.

Regards,
Sujeet Raja

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
James Mcguire said:
Dears,

Hey,

Just read Nova Scotia requirements and it clearly says one must have experience in Nova Scotia so as to be eligible for PNP.

Better try increasing score by giving IELTS again.

All the best,
K

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
sujeetraja said:
Hello,

I have submitted my express entry profile on April 2015. My current points are 385. Iam confused as to whether I should write ielts again as my current score is 8 (L),9 (R),7 (S),6.5 (W). A CLB of 9 would take my score to 455 points. Please advice. Would there be a greater chance to get ITA if my score is 455.

Regards,
Sujeet Raja
You answer your question yourself. IELTS is one of the main requirements of the application and getting a good score can really boost your profile. I would suggest you to do the IELTS exam again and prepare harder for speaking and writing.

Lots of free practice websites online.

Good luck :)

aspireimmi

Jun 30, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
At 420, you are unlikely to get an ITA in the medium term because the cutoff is very likely to go up as the PNs start arriving in people's inboxes. Nova Scotia Demand - Express Entry is a pilot program but looks promising and you can give it a try if you qualify. It doesn't need a qualifying job offer to apply. http://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/nova-scotia-demand-express-entry/

All the best!

Hi every1 and Asivad Anac,

one of the requirement to apply for NS demand- Express entry is

Document check list - Provide Copies Only

1- financial information( applies to all streams except NS experience) proof of settlement support.

my question is do i have to show POF at this stage to be nominated for NS-PNP-Demand FSW-Express Entry ?

I have to send NS pnp form but i stuck with this requirement as such i dont have enough funds right now.

please advise

Br,
H Mir.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspireimmi said:
Hi every1 and Asivad Anac,

one of the requirement to apply for NS demand- Express entry is

Document check list - Provide Copies Only

1- financial information( applies to all streams except NS experience) proof of settlement support.

my question is do i have to show POF at this stage to be nominated for NS-PNP-Demand FSW-Express Entry ?

I have to send NS pnp form but i stuck with this requirement as such i dont have enough funds right now.

please advise

Br,
H Mir.
Yes. POF is a required document during application submission for PNPs unless explicitly stated otherwise.