+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Noticed that I'm missing a scan on my study permit extension

Germania

Jul 1, 2017
Hi,

I've noticed after looking in my passport, that I forgot to scan the most recent stamp that I got when entering Canada. But I did indicate on my IMM5709 that my most recent entry was on the day I received the stamp. No I'm worrying that my application will be refused and that I can not submit the missing document. Does anybody know of any at how I could submit that missing scan from my passport?

Context: my application is still processing and there hasn't been a request for the document but I just noticed yesterday it was missing.

Is it possible to submit that missing document through the IRCC web form or after calling IRCC?

Thanks in advance!

Germania

Jul 1, 2017
when is your permit expiring ?
My current permit is not expiring till end of September. But I have already applied for my new one and I just need to attach that one scan that I forgot to attach to the application which is already being processed. You think I could make the attaching of that file happen with this web form?

Last edited:

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi,

I've noticed after looking in my passport, that I forgot to scan the most recent stamp that I got when entering Canada. But I did indicate on my IMM5709 that my most recent entry was on the day I received the stamp. No I'm worrying that my application will be refused and that I can not submit the missing document. Does anybody know of any at how I could submit that missing scan from my passport?

Context: my application is still processing and there hasn't been a request for the document but I just noticed yesterday it was missing.

Is it possible to submit that missing document through the IRCC web form or after calling IRCC?

Thanks in advance!
If they have any issue with your application,they will send you a message to attach acopy of your TRV,before they make a decision on your application.

Germania

Jul 1, 2017
If they have any issue with your application,they will send you a message to attach acopy of your TRV,before they make a decision on your application.
So I should not worry about it too much? or should I continue making an effort to update that missing stamp scan in my application?
Also I'm from Germany so I only have a study permit not a TRV or is that the same thing?
I'm not quite sure what you are saying to me. Is it that they will send me a message to attach the missing document? or will they refuse the application and I have to apply again?

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
So I should not worry about it too much? or should I continue making an effort to update that missing stamp scan in my application?
Also I'm from Germany so I only have a study permit not a TRV or is that the same thing?
I'm not quite sure at you are saying to me. Is it that they will send me a message to attach the missing document? or will they refuse the application and I have to apply again?
The stamp you received i
Does anybody else have any opinion about what I should do? I would really appreciate it!
If they have any issue with your application,they usually send you a message to attach additional documents they require within a specific time frame,assuming you're applying from within Canada.
Study permit is what enables you to study in any college or University in the Canada. A TRV(Visitor Visa) is a multiple entry visa, that allows you to travel out of Canada and gives you the right to return at any port of entry(airport,land and sea). If you travel out of Canada without a TRV or an expired one,even if you have a valid study permit,you will not be allowed entry back into the country.

Germania

Jul 1, 2017
The stamp you received i

If they have any issue with your application,they usually send you a message to attach additional documents they require within a specific time frame,assuming you're applying from within Canada.
Study permit is what enables you to study in any college or University in the Canada. A TRV(Visitor Visa) is a multiple entry visa, that allows you to travel out of Canada and gives you the right to return at any port of entry(airport,land and sea). If you travel out of Canada without a TRV or an expired one,even if you have a valid study permit,you will not be allowed entry back into the country.
Yes it's the stamp that I received that is missing in the documents that I sent there. But it is not the first stamp that I have from the Canadian border service. My initial entry and stamp was before the stamp that I received coming back from Germany after Christmas.

I'm really hoping that they will contact me and request the missing scan. Instead of refusing the whole application.

And as far as I know German Citizen do not need a TRY to come to Canada. I think it's a visa exempt country as far as I know.

Germania

Jul 1, 2017
I was able to resolve the issue described above by me. I've called IRCC and they were really helpful and sent me and email with instructions on how to attach a file to an already submitted application.