+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice wrong info on EE profile after receiving ITA, what do?

tokalaangel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
I just noticed that I had put down 20 hrs/wk for my 2 years of Grad Assistantship instead of the 15 as written on my contract.

I received ITA on Jan 8 and can't edit my EE profile anymore. What should I do?

I'm pretty sure I don't have 3 years of work experience with the 15 hours (I didn't with 20 hours either, but someone how score increased on its own)

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
I just noticed that I had put down 20 hrs/wk for my 2 years of Grad Assistantship instead of the 15 as written on my contract.

I received ITA on Jan 8 and can't edit my EE profile anymore. What should I do?

I'm pretty sure I don't have 3 years of work experience with the 15 hours (I didn't with 20 hours either, but someone how score increased on its own)
You need to calculate your scores and figure out the difference. If your scores do not change you can mention this in your LOE and this should have no impact in your application.

tokalaangel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
You need to calculate your scores and figure out the difference. If your scores do not change you can mention this in your LOE and this should have no impact in your application.
I don't believe my score will be enough after the correction. I didn't think it was enough right now either but somehow it still increased...

I currently have down 20hrs/week for 2 years as a GA. I just found out that one of those years is actually 15hr/wk so I'm missing some hours.

tokalaangel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Actually... I just got my verification letter and it has 20hr/week on it for both years.

But it also says that they were "full-time" positions??? Would the IRCC consider my positions as full time even though they're 20hr/wk or do I need to have my employer change the language from Full Time to Part Time?

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Actually... I just got my verification letter and it has 20hr/week on it for both years.

But it also says that they were "full-time" positions??? Would the IRCC consider my positions as full time even though they're 20hr/wk or do I need to have my employer change the language from Full Time to Part Time?
Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program Express Entry
Full-time work is considered to be a minimum of 30 hours per week. Part-time work is considered to be a minimum of 15 hours per week.

tokalaangel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program Express Entry
Full-time work is considered to be a minimum of 30 hours per week. Part-time work is considered to be a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Oh okay. Is a correction from "full time" to "part time" on the letter necessary or can I just submit it as is and IRCC will count based on the hours?

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Oh okay. Is a correction from "full time" to "part time" on the letter necessary or can I just submit it as is and IRCC will count based on the hours?
While IRCC may consider this as part-time only, you may consider getting it changed if you haven’t uploaded the document yet. If you have already uploaded the document then you can write an LOE to consider the experience on the basis of the number of hours as per IRCC guidelines

tokalaangel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
While IRCC may consider this as part-time only, you may consider getting it changed if you haven’t uploaded the document yet. If you have already uploaded the document then you can write an LOE to consider the experience on the basis of the number of hours as per IRCC guidelines
I've just requested the information to be corrected. Thank you!

Reactions: zee90999