+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice to appear

stalian65

Jan 29, 2018
it is a case of residency obligations and i got the notice to appear in Feb 2020. I couldn't attend the court due to penedemic covid-19 and court given me a link for online hearing, due to covid19, i was in my origin country India and could not established the link on hearing, Notice of appear says that "if you do not appear at your hearing, the IAD will declare your appeal abandoned" I didn't received any decision from IAD. My soouse and children got their citizen ship at Canada. Please advice me, what should i do to join my family at Canada. I am not willing to get PR of Canada.
Regards,

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
it is a case of residency obligations and i got the notice to appear in Feb 2020. I couldn't attend the court due to penedemic covid-19 and court given me a link for online hearing, due to covid19, i was in my origin country India and could not established the link on hearing, Notice of appear says that "if you do not appear at your hearing, the IAD will declare your appeal abandoned" I didn't received any decision from IAD. My soouse and children got their citizen ship at Canada. Please advice me, what should i do to join my family at Canada. I am not willing to get PR of Canada.
Regards,
It’s confusing . You mention that you wish to join your family in Canada, but you’re not willing to get PR of Canada . What’s your intent when you state you wish to “ join “ them in Canada ?
Permanent? Temporary?
If you’re no longer a PR, you’d have to apply for a visitor visa like any other foreign national.
In that your stay is only temporary and you’d have to show you’d leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Regards,
Your wife needs to sponsor your for PR. Based on the information you've provided, your PR status is gone since you failed to attend the hearing. The notice to appear basically told you what you need to know.

Reactions: Buletruck

stalian65

Jan 29, 2018
It’s confusing . You mention that you wish to join your family in Canada, but you’re not willing to get PR of Canada . What’s your intent when you state you wish to “ join “ them in Canada ?
Permanent? Temporary?
If you’re no longer a PR, you’d have to apply for a visitor visa like any other foreign national.
In that your stay is only temporary and you’d have to show you’d leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay
Thanx for advice. Its a valueable advice for me. Obviously, I'ld like to stay at Canada on temporary basis only.
again thanks and regards.
Permanent? Temporary?

stalian65

Jan 29, 2018
Your wife needs to sponsor your for PR. Based on the information you've provided, your PR status is gone since you failed to attend the hearing. The notice to appear basically told you what you need to know.
Hi Skylla,
Your reply solved my all confusions. Thanks and regards for valued advice. Here I admit that i am willing to and fro visits of Canadaon temporary basisfor purpose to join my family.
Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Skylla,
Your reply solved my all confusions. Thanks and regards for valued advice. Here I admit that i am willing to and fro visits of Canadaon temporary basisfor purpose to join my family.
Regards,
You can certainly apply for a TRV instead of having your wife sponsor you for PR. If you just want the ability to visit Canada once in a while, then the TRV is the right thing to apply for.