Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Hi everybody.. one of my friend had hearing yesterday.. she told me that judge reserved her decision... she asked questions from her fir almost 1 hour.. judge didn't check her original documents, she just asked her questions.. one thing my friend is worried about that in start judge said she has issue with case is not credible and IFA. Does anyone know what that means??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everybody.. one of my friend had hearing yesterday.. she told me that judge reserved her decision... she asked questions from her fir almost 1 hour.. judge didn't check her original documents, she just asked her questions.. one thing my friend is worried about that in start judge said she has issue with case is not credible and IFA. Does anyone know what that means??
IFA is internal flight alternative. Means that he/she could have relocated within her country.

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Thank you and what about judge saying in start before asking questions that she didn't find this credible... means she already has made her mind that she will refuse??and plus judge didn't gave her decision. She said she will mail her..
She is upset and very tense.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you and what about judge saying in start before asking questions that she didn't find this credible... means she already has made her mind that she will refuse??and plus judge didn't gave her decision. She said she will mail her..
She is upset and very tense.
Nobody here can say. Yes it is certainly not a great sign but until you receive the decision in the mail nobody can predict the decision. Not sure what are her grounds for asylum but IFA is a common reason for refusal if there is a stable region where people can live in their own country.

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
She trived to provide enough evidence about IFA. But she is really scared about that Credible thing.. because we have never heard this before judge saying in start of case that she doesn't find it Credible

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She trived to provide enough evidence about IFA. But she is really scared about that Credible thing.. because we have never heard this before judge saying in start of case that she doesn't find it Credible
The whole basis of most asylum claims is whether the member finds the reasons for asylum are credible.

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
The whole basis of most asylum claims is whether the member finds the reasons for asylum are credible.
But before even proper hearing starts and judge pass her comments/issues that she doesn't find case credible. I have never heard anyone else's case like this, not the people i know who are refugees ..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But before even proper hearing starts and judge pass her comments/issues that she doesn't find case credible. I have never heard anyone else's case like this, not the people i know who are refugees ..
The member did have access to the case before. Every case is different. How many cases have you actually heard about in detail?

Reactions: Saba321

Jan 10, 2017
Normally when board member finds case or person is not credible they usually put IFA determination too in their decision. I hope that everything goes well. However, I don't understand why board member brought an issue of FIR?

Reactions: Saba321

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
BAsically when you go to lawyer office you meet new people there. Some of them are done with hearings (with positive or negative decisions) so they don't mind sharing their experiences or cases. That's why i said i know many cases.. 3 cases were recently accepted on the spot by judges. In one of the case interpreter was not interpreting properly so the lawyer did mostly defense and explaining.

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Normally when board member finds case or person is not credible they usually put IFA determination too in their decision. I hope that everything goes well. However, I don't understand why board member brought an issue of FIR?
What do you mean by issue of FIR

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
BAsically when you go to lawyer office you meet new people there. Some of them are done with hearings (with positive or negative decisions) so they don't mind sharing their experiences or cases. That's why i said i know many cases.. 3 cases were recently accepted on the spot by judges. In one of the case interpreter was not interpreting properly so the lawyer did mostly defense and explaining.
It doesn’t sound like you have heard about a lot of cases especially in great detail so it is hard for you to make statements like you have never heard about other cases like this.

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
It doesn’t sound like you have heard about a lot of cases especially in great detail so it is hard for you to make statements like you have never heard about other cases like this.
You are right or maybe most of them were given decisions straight away