+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice of Decision Timeline

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
It is very possible.
one of my friends waiting for her decision but her lawyer is saying before hearing her clearance from one of GCC countries won't come and due to that there is a delay in her decision is there any possibility of it? or lawyer has no info about decisions when it will come just curious about it.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
one of my friends waiting for her decision but her lawyer is saying before hearing her clearance from one of GCC countries won't come and due to that there is a delay in her decision is there any possibility of it? or lawyer has no info about decisions when it will come just curious about it.
My understanding is before hearing all background check must be done by both CBSA,RCMP,CSIS. You dont schedule hearing, then you give positive decision and later you receive serious information while you already made decision. Thats not how process flow works

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
My understanding is before hearing all background check must be done by both CBSA,RCMP,CSIS. You dont schedule hearing, then you give positive decision and later you receive serious information while you already made decision. Thats not how process flow works
so that means her decision is delayed as per their administrative processing like verifications etc or some other reasons not due to clearance thing

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
so that means her decision is delayed as per their administrative processing like verifications etc or some other reasons not due to clearance thing
Yes, i think it is Administrative delays. May be they are understaffed because of pandemic

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
I got hearing after 2 years of application and it was effort of my lawyer to get appointment .. because I asked him in the start to go for funds from government but later on I offered him fees so he can manage my appointment as per his availability..usually lawyers can delay or can get early appointments (some ppl may disagree) and he did the same ..

Hearing done few months ago..

Virtual hearing and I had to face very tough questions by member IRB was who asking questions by jumping in to different portions of my story .

Decision pending

After 3 weeks I got decision which was positive

Member IRB wrote decision after 6 days of hearing .. and dispatch me and I got it after 2 weeks ( total 3 weeks) .my lawyers didnot get any mail and I got decision in mail .

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
I got hearing after 2 years of application and it was effort of my lawyer to get appointment .. because I asked him in the start to go for funds from government but later on I offered him fees so he can manage my appointment as per his availability..usually lawyers can delay or can get early appointments (some ppl may disagree) and he did the same ..

Hearing done few months ago..

Virtual hearing and I had to face very tough questions by member IRB was who asking questions by jumping in to different portions of my story .

Decision pending

After 3 weeks I got decision which was positive

Member IRB wrote decision after 6 days of hearing .. and dispatch me and I got it after 2 weeks ( total 3 weeks) .my lawyers didnot get any mail and I got decision in mail .
lucky you got in 3 weeks but surprising it was not updated on the portal of your counsel and it was mailed to you first ..

ze331

Dec 24, 2021
I had my second hearing this month and i‘m still waiting for NOD. The member didn’t look like he wanted to be there so I’m not sure what the decision will be but I hope it’s positive.

Lesja27

Feb 10, 2022
I had my second hearing this month and i‘m still waiting for NOD. The member didn’t look like he wanted to be there so I’m not sure what the decision will be but I hope it’s positive.
Have you heard anything as yet?

ze331

Dec 24, 2021
what was the difference between your first and now in the second hearing was it different or shorter ? or they ask same as in first one
They asked the same question but it was much shorter than the first one because they only focused on one aspect of the claim