+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

notice of assessment question who downloaded from cra online?

formalboygirl

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2011
hi there everyone, I have uploaded noa which I downloaded from CRA website from my account. It looks pretty simple. for security I whiteout social insurance number, name and web access code. Is your noa also like this? If not please advise as to what noa look like? because I have limited access in my cra account...

please refer pic.

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010090013P1464081483975133

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
My husband's (the sponsor's) NOA looked pretty much the same as that. We submitted the NOA instead of the Option C since the requirement was changed before we sent out application. So far it looks like everything's on track for him to be approved as the sponsor.

formalboygirl

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2011
Decoy24601 said:
My husband's (the sponsor's) NOA looked pretty much the same as that. We submitted the NOA instead of the Option C since the requirement was changed before we sent out application. So far it looks like everything's on track for him to be approved as the sponsor.
thanks for your reply, the reason I asked is the cra sent me a security code via postal mail but since I am out of canada at this moment I am unable to collect the letter from cra which has the security code. and as a result of this my cra accont has limited access because in order to have full access to cra account I need to input the cra security code on their website. But they let me view noa online. so I was just curious whether the noa they are showing to me for print out is also limited noa ?? I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF EVERYONE'S NOA PRINTED ONLINE IS THE SAME AS MINE? or if it's different?

Are you sure it looks exactly like mine? thank you.

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med Status: Passed
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
formalboygirl said:
hi there everyone, I have uploaded noa which I downloaded from CRA website from my account. It looks pretty simple. for security I whiteout social insurance number, name and web access code. Is your noa also like this? If not please advise as to what noa look like? because I have limited access in my cra account...
Hi formalboygirl,

Yes that is the template of the Notice of Assessment which is available to view online or print. This is NOT however, an ORIGINAL Notice of Assessment.

In my sponsorship application I was not required to provide a Notice of Assessment. I was required to provide an original Option C printout.

The Option C is NOT the same as the Notice of Assessment.
You receive an Option C printout by contacting the Revenue Canada (old name) general service line and requesting it be mailed to you.
You cannot print a copy yourself or send a photocopy. You must receive the Option C from Revenue Canada and mail the copy with your
sponsor's documents - though you're free to make a photocopy to keep for your own file if you wish.

Hope this helps and hope you have a great day.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
BethanyM said:
Hi formalboygirl,

Yes that is the template of the Notice of Assessment which is available to view online or print. This is NOT however, an ORIGINAL Notice of Assessment.

In my sponsorship application I was not required to provide a Notice of Assessment. I was required to provide an original Option C printout.

The Option C is NOT the same as the Notice of Assessment.
You receive an Option C printout by contacting the Revenue Canada (old name) general service line and requesting it be mailed to you.
You cannot print a copy yourself or send a photocopy. You must receive the Option C from Revenue Canada and mail the copy with your
sponsor's documents - though you're free to make a photocopy to keep for your own file if you wish.

Hope this helps and hope you have a great day.
That's not true anymore. The CIC changed the requirement to include the Notice of Assessment, NOT the original Option C Printout.

If I remember correctly, they changed this back in February.

formalboygirl, as long as the information matches what you think it should I'm fairly sure that's the correct NOA. It looks like mine, besides the personal info.

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
Decoy24601 said:
That's not true anymore. The CIC changed the requirement to include the Notice of Assessment, NOT the original Option C Printout.
OMG How could I miss this. Mine was received a week ago.
I included the check sheet in husband / applicants envelope of docs
I didn't even see the IMM 5491
I included the Option C printout not an NoA.

Have I totally wrecked our app?
Will they send it back to me ?

I included print-outs of my bank accounts and savings to show assets and income. Just an extra step.
but not an actual NoA or the 5491

If this causes a problem I will, I absolutely will totally breakdown. Nervous breakdown ahead.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
BethanyM said:
OMG How could I miss this. Mine was received a week ago.
I included the check sheet in husband / applicants envelope of docs
I didn't even see the IMM 5491
I included the Option C printout not an NoA.

Have I totally wrecked our app?
Will they send it back to me ?

I included print-outs of my bank accounts and savings to show assets and income. Just an extra step.
but not an actual NoA or the 5491

If this causes a problem I will, I absolutely will totally breakdown. Nervous breakdown ahead.
Don't worry, they will still accept the Option C Printout ;D. The Option C Printout is actually more detailed than the NOA. Besides, plenty of people don't even have either since some people sponsor their spouses from outside Canada. In fact, they failed to update one of the sponsor's forms to reflect the change. It still says the Option C, even though the requirement was changed. You'll be fine. (The document checklists says the NOA and lists details on how to get it, while the form itself still says the Option C if I remember correctly from filling out the forms with my husband).

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
Decoy24601 said:
Don't worry, they will still accept the Option C Printout ;D. The Option C Printout is actually more detailed than the NOA. Besides, plenty of people don't even have either since some people sponsor their spouses from outside Canada. In fact, they failed to update one of the sponsor's forms to reflect the change. It still says the Option C, even though the requirement was changed. You'll be fine. (The document checklists says the NOA and lists details on how to get it, while the form itself still says the Option C if I remember correctly from filling out the forms with my husband).
Phew! I'll breathe a sigh of relief.
I wish I could give you 10 upvotes for that.
Wonder when I'll get my voting privileges and my country flag.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
BethanyM said:
Phew! I'll breathe a sigh of relief.
I wish I could give you 10 upvotes for that.
Wonder when I'll get my voting privileges and my country flag.
Hmm, I think it might be 15 or 20 posts. It's not too high from what I remember.

Even if you had sent the wrong one, your application would likely not be returned for that. They would ask for an additional document most likely, but as I said, you won't have to worry about that.

formalboygirl

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2011
Decoy24601 said:

If I remember correctly, they changed this back in February.

formalboygirl, as long as the information matches what you think it should I'm fairly sure that's the correct NOA. It looks like mine, besides the personal info.
thank you for your replies.. so is it ok to submit just that 1 page of notice of assessment? by the way did you also submit just that 1 page of noa and not option c printout or both? I only have noa at this moment and i don't have option c printout because my cra account is limited so it doesn't show me any option c options in my account. is it okay to do so?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
formalboygirl said:
thank you for your replies.. so is it ok to submit just that 1 page of notice of assessment? by the way did you also submit just that 1 page of noa and not option c printout or both? I only have noa at this moment and i don't have option c printout because my cra account is limited so it doesn't show me any option c options in my account. is it okay to do so?
Oh, you don't have all of the pages? I think ours went on to the second page a bit, but it would depend on your situation. Is it possible for you to change your address in your CRA account and have them send the code to that address? In your case I think you might want to just call the CRA and have them mail an Option C Printout to your current address. They'll accept both. Does everything on that NOA look correct to you?

I submitted only the NOA, which for us was just over 1 page. I haven't been asked for the Option C Printout. It's unnecessary to send both.

formalboygirl

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2011
Decoy24601 said:
Oh, you don't have all of the pages? I think ours went on to the second page a bit, but it would depend on your situation. Is it possible for you to change your address in your CRA account and have them send the code to that address? In your case I think you might want to just call the CRA and have them mail an Option C Printout to your current address. They'll accept both. Does everything on that NOA look correct to you?

I submitted only the NOA, which for us was just over 1 page. I haven't been asked for the Option C Printout. It's unnecessary to send both.
yes only 1 page that's it, just that noa image i posted. hope it will be okay. I think i need to update address once I move back to canada.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
formalboygirl said:
yes only 1 page that's it, just that noa image i posted. hope it will be okay.
Well, if everything looks correct then here's what I'd do. Send that NOA in with your application. If they need a new one or an Option C Printout they will request it.

As far as I can tell, that's the correct and full NOA.

formalboygirl

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2011
Decoy24601 said:
Well, if everything looks correct then here's what I'd do. Send that NOA in with your application. If they need a new one or an Option C Printout they will request it.
yes I am also thinking of doing the same, and I hope they won't return the application because of limited noa or just 1 page noa. And once I am back to Canada I will update my address and get the security code and provide them the full noa in case they requested. I could have provided them by overseas address by calling them but it's already too late and I will return to canada within a week and I want to proceed with sponsorship application asap so I don't want to wait just for a security code which delays the application filing. thanks for your time and replies.

CanIndo1111

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
yes I am also thinking of doing the same, and I hope they won't return the application because of limited noa or just 1 page noa. And once I am back to Canada I will update my address and get the security code and provide them the full noa in case they requested. I could have provided them by overseas address by calling them but it's already too late and I will return to canada within a week and I want to proceed with sponsorship application asap so I don't want to wait just for a security code which delays the application filing. thanks for your time and replies.
im curious, did your application GO well by just sending one page of NOA? They didn't send it back?