+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice of Assessment or Option C?

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Hello

Two quick questions:
1) when you file taxes jointly do both names appear on notice of assessment? our NoA only shows my husband's name and not mine and I wonder if we made a mistake.

2) should I send in notice of assessment or the Option C print out?

Thank you in advance

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Just provide your SIN numbers where requested on each of your applications. Your tax records will be pulled by IRCC when they process your app.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Hello

Two quick questions:
1) when you file taxes jointly do both names appear on notice of assessment? our NoA only shows my husband's name and not mine and I wonder if we made a mistake.

2) should I send in notice of assessment or the Option C print out?

Thank you in advance
When filling taxes together, as a couple, you enter your information in the software when asked for each. It is submitted SEPARATELY for each individual, and confirmation is for each person separately. If filling paper based you print for both and send.

Notice of assessments are received separately, as well. You can also login online (if you registered) separately to print/see your notices and other tax related information.

If you dont have a notice of assessment issued to you, it might need fixing. Citizenship application requirement does include tax filling.

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the ones that you print online look a bit different ? will those ones work for sure ? or you recommend I call and ask them to post them my NOAs?

thanks

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
the ones that you print online look a bit different ? will those ones work for sure ? or you recommend I call and ask them to post them my NOAs?

thanks
Not sure what you are asking my friend. I replied to the OP.

If you are saying that you need Notice of assessments for citizenship application, then you don't. If you have submitted your taxes and have obtained notice of assessment (that verified your submission of taxes), you are good to go. Just provide sin etc as asked in the application.

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure what you are asking my friend. I replied to the OP.

If you are saying that you need Notice of assessments for citizenship application, then you don't. If you have submitted your taxes and have obtained notice of assessment (that verified your submission of taxes), you are good to go. Just provide sin etc as asked in the application.
thank you