+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notes from Discover Canada - Preparation for the Citizenship Test

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
I read the instruction again and it says, can use desktop, laptop, tablet.
Is ipad not a tablet?
It only said that google chrome cannot be used on ipad, which is fine because ipad use safari.
Im confused.
You can use your ipad, but do not use Chrome browser if you are using the ipad. Since you already have Safari on the ipad, that should be OK.

Em de Ville

Aug 7, 2021
App. Filed.......
10-10-2020
AOR Received.
29-01-2021
File Transfer...
15-03-2021
You can use your ipad, but do not use Chrome browser if you are using the ipad. Since you already have Safari on the ipad, that should be OK.
Thank you. Yes i always browse on safari

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hi All,
Just for your records, My wife and I got our Citizenship status changed to "Completed" exactly 5 weeks after I took the test and more than 3 weeks after she took the test (both got updated at the same time).
FYI, the photo I took from my ID definitely was blurry for some parts but apparently it didn't end up with any issues. My wife also made a mistake first time and took a photo of herself instead of her ID which ended up with receiving another link a few second after to do the test process again.

Reactions: Vinami and becca545

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
My daughter received his 2nd Test invitation as she was got mistake on her first ( she took a picture of herself instead of ID picture though she passed her test).

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto

bimmerm3m5

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Hello everyone, I passed the test with 19 out of 20

To be honest, some of those mock test u can find online are over complicated and hard, they just want you to spend money on studying with them
Would you mind elaborating on the content of the questions from your actual experience? I've read that there hasn't been a focus on exact dates of historical events. I'm mostly curious if they ask for things like present day names of leaders at the provincial level, or is more focused at a national level.

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
Would you mind elaborating on the content of the questions from your actual experience? I've read that there hasn't been a focus on exact dates of historical events. I'm mostly curious if they ask for things like present day names of leaders at the provincial level, or is more focused at a national level.
No dates, historical events and leader's name questions, all super simple general questions

drkobra

Jan 3, 2022
From personal experience, "What is the name of the book you studied for this test?"

• Haha
Reactions: bimmerm3m5

drkobra

Jan 3, 2022
Most importantly, did you get it correct?
By the way, what worked for me was reading the booklet once thoroughly, taking some notes like the ones I shared earlier, practising the mock tests, and revising my notes before taking the test.
In fact, no dates or numbers were asked. But, revising the notes gave me the confidence.
It felt that they want you to pass.
Also, keep in mind that if so many people clear it, it can't be that difficult.

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
"You are receiving this notice because we are unable to accept your test results for the online citizenship
test due to unusual activities detected upon reviewing your online test submission. This invitation
requests you to attend an interview with a citizenship officer to discuss the reasons for not accepting
your test results. We may administer the citizenship knowledge test. This test will be provided to you
orally (with the questions presented to you in writing) via videoconference at the date and time
stipulated above." What does this mean? There was no malpractice completed. Is there a way to convince the officer? Anybody with prior experience on this?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
"You are receiving this notice because we are unable to accept your test results for the online citizenship
test due to unusual activities detected upon reviewing your online test submission. This invitation
requests you to attend an interview with a citizenship officer to discuss the reasons for not accepting
your test results. We may administer the citizenship knowledge test. This test will be provided to you
orally (with the questions presented to you in writing) via videoconference at the date and time
stipulated above." What does this mean? There was no malpractice completed. Is there a way to convince the officer? Anybody with prior experience on this?
This could happen for a variety of reasons. Usually, it is because the applicant captures their face twice instead of face and ID OR the applicant captures the ID twice instead of face and ID OR if they detected that you left the testing screen for too long and then came back to continue the test OR if the quality of either your photo or the photo of the ID was very bad OR if they noticed any weird behavior during the test (not moving at all for extended periods of time, talking to someone else during the test etc). Not sure what it is in your case.

Unfortunately, if you get this, the chances of getting this reversed is close to zero (read "practically" zero) unless this was sent in error. You'll have to complete the test again with an officer present. The officer will show you a PowerPoint slide with the questions and you will have to provide answers orally.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
We can use the PR Card as per the instructions right? But they also say that the ID should have a signature? Its confusing as PR card does not have signature. Has any one used PR card for the online test?