+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notes from Discover Canada - Preparation for the Citizenship Test

Blessedgirl0808

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Hi everyone. My wife and I will take the exam next week. Is it OK to help out my wife to login before it starts? I mean there is no recording yet at that stage right? She asks me to help her to complete all that ID verification and taking picture stuff.
Following....I would love to know too, my spouse and I will do it next week and he's not so computer savvy

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Hi everyone. My wife and I will take the exam next week. Is it OK to help out my wife to login before it starts? I mean there is no recording yet at that stage right? She asks me to help her to complete all that ID verification and taking picture stuff.
You can help her with stuff and take the picture for her. Make sure you are not visible to the camera. Also, make sure you update your computer before taking the test, so there are no pop ups during the test. Make sure no other tabs are open and her eyes are on the computer screen at all times. GL.

ayesha2015

Feb 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
11-11-2016
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
Appreciate your valuable time and efforts. Thanks.

keepitsafe

Jun 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
"You are receiving this notice because we are unable to accept your test results for the online citizenship
test due to unusual activities detected upon reviewing your online test submission. This invitation
requests you to attend an interview with a citizenship officer to discuss the reasons for not accepting
your test results. We may administer the citizenship knowledge test. This test will be provided to you
orally (with the questions presented to you in writing) via videoconference at the date and time
stipulated above." What does this mean? There was no malpractice completed. Is there a way to convince the officer? Anybody with prior experience on this?
Hi Vignesh
How did it go?
I received the same.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Hi Vignesh
How did it go?
I received the same.

Did you get up from your chair at any point during the test? Had connection issues more than 1 minute? Did you look at right or left, instead of keeping your eyes on the screen? What happened?

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
I am seriously worried about the amount of information you need to know for this test... I have been here 10 years and looking at some of the information I need to know scares me. I am horrible at learning new things and the fact that I need to know every single date/time/person/event in Canada makes me nervous.

How many times can you attempt this test if you fail?

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I am seriously worried about the amount of information you need to know for this test... I have been here 10 years and looking at some of the information I need to know scares me. I am horrible at learning new things and the fact that I need to know every single date/time/person/event in Canada makes me nervous.

How many times can you attempt this test if you fail?
You can have 2 attempts. If you fail twice, you must have an interview with a citizenship judge. Don't panic. Try to divide the book into chunks. If it helps there are citizenship class. Check the community centers. I know there is one course in North York and it is offered online. Try Googling North York Community Center Citizenship classes. Good luck.

daryntek

Apr 20, 2022
I want to report I just studied for one day and passed 20/20. I read the booklet and then did 20 tests (total 400 questtions) on an app on google store, excellent test, complex practice questions but then I learnt a lot on them and the exam was ultra easy. Don't be scared guys, super super easy. I even got the same question twice and finished in about 5 minutes. Also, get the completed on file the next day. I found the hard part was taking a proper picture of the ID and myself. I hope I get the call to the oath thing soon, crossing fingers!!

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I want to report I just studied for one day and passed 20/20. I read the booklet and then did 20 tests (total 400 questtions) on an app on google store, excellent test, complex practice questions but then I learnt a lot on them and the exam was ultra easy. Don't be scared guys, super super easy. I even got the same question twice and finished in about 5 minutes. Also, get the completed on file the next day. I found the hard part was taking a proper picture of the ID and myself. I hope I get the call to the oath thing soon, crossing fingers!!
Congrats on your test. Name of the Google app? Does it have an Iphone version. Thank you and good luck the rest of the way. Hope you have the Oath soon.

Reactions: RickyT

Varun84

Oct 21, 2016
Hi all,
What's the expectation on the citizenship test timeline after submitting the application? We will be submitting the application tomorrow and are planning to travel in September (4 months post application submission). Any chance we might be asked to write the test so soon?
Thanks
Varun

iAPPLIED

Mar 2, 2019
Do we have to leave the cam and Microphone on while taken the exam or just the the cam will be on ? My computer too old when i use it on Zoom no one can hear me .

Last edited:

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Do we have to leave the cam and Microphone on while taken the exam or just the the cam will be on ? My computer too old when i use it on Zoom no one can hear me .

Your microphone does NOT have to be on. But, the camera must be on during the exam until you finish. The IRCC will take pictures. If something goes wrong with the camera and the IRCC does not see you, your test will be invalid. You will have to retake the test. Don't take that risk. Borrow a laptop from a friend or go to their house to take the test. You need a reliable Internet connection and a reliable webcam. Good luck.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Does anyone have any idea if at step 6 someone took face picture mistakenly instead of the ID what will be the consequence? Will they pass or we have to reappear for the test?

keepitsafe

Jun 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
Did you get up from your chair at any point during the test? Had connection issues more than 1 minute? Did you look at right or left, instead of keeping your eyes on the screen? What happened?
I received couple of pop-ups from antivirus on my laptop and when pop-up appeared, the test window warned me for suspicious activity.
Update - I got another email from IRCC to re-take exam and I took it today [1st-Jun-2022] followed by interview. The officer told me that I passed the exam and she examined documents. She told me that I will get oath invitation in coming days.

Reactions: Vinami