+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notary Question

shaunrowsell

May 28, 2015
Hey everyone,

Hopefully this'll be a quick one! Just gathering together everything and putting the whole application together and found this part, which I am unsure of. We have copies of passports, previous spousal visa for me (Canadian citizen, have been living in the UK with my wife for three years), marriage certificate, etc. that we are using for the application -- does EVERY copy need to be certified? Many thanks for your support -- this place is great.

Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if a doc is not in English or French, then you have to translated and notarized.
you don't need to be certified visa, marriage cert etc. (I didn't)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You don't need to have photocopies notarized unless the forms (Appendix A, or the checklists) say you need to. The forms for the UK just say send photocopies unless otherwise instructed. So they don't have to be notarized.
Translations do have to be notarized, as do two support letters for common-law applicants.

adnarim74

Jul 31, 2015
Hello
For interview do I have to translate the communication between me and my spouse(Skype,Viber and Fb messages)
If yes how many pages for a month
Thanks