+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notary Issue

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
I am in Illinois and planning to get documents notarized from local FedEx. but their stamp doesn't say: "Verified to be true copy of original". It is just a notary stamp. I checked UPS, same there. So is it necessary to say that or just notary stamp/signature are okay........Is there somebody who got just notary stamp/signature and had any problem?

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Thought notarization is generally from a authorised notary publich who are generally advocates or gazetted officer. According to EG7 instruction guide published in cic website, must print the following on photocopy
"I certify that this is a true copy of the original document". Further outside canada, judge, magistrate, notary public, officer of a court of justice, commissioner authorised to administer oath is only eligible to notarize the documents.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i think those guys at fedex are probably notary public.

Ask them to write it in.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
yes. they not you must write it.

VisaApprovalSent

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Notary will put in their seal with their number and will write ''sworn to be a true copy of the original in front of me'',you could use your bank too.All banks have their notary and its free of charge if u have an account.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bank is a good idea. free in some countries.

spring2009

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
The person who notarized my documents said that the meaning of notary is to certify my signatures, not the copies nor the original documents. And he only stamped my documents.

In the CIC's point of view, if my copy papers don't have "I certify that this is a true copy of the original document", do they accept that?

Thanks.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
i think they can certify a signature or a document (perhaps one is notarize and the other is to certify). But whatever is the case, in the US, a notary public can do both. In this case, they want us to certify that the document is a true copy of the original.

I don't think they will reject only because some countries might have laws on what a notary public can say and cannot say. But on the other hand, if they weren't going to be strict on it, why did they ask for it.

A third of my documents had a stamp saying "i certify....". A third, was written " i certify...." and a third didn't have anything.

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
rupeshhari said:
i think they can certify a signature or a document (perhaps one is notarize and the other is to certify). But whatever is the case, in the US, a notary public can do both. In this case, they want us to certify that the document is a true copy of the original.

I don't think they will reject only because some countries might have laws on what a notary public can say and cannot say. But on the other hand, if they weren't going to be strict on it, why did they ask for it.

A third of my documents had a stamp saying "i certify....". A third, was written " i certify...." and a third didn't have anything.
I asked notary, he say that he will only stamp and sign. Asked another, he said the same. Infact he told me that recently BY LAW certain states in US have made it illegal for notaries to notorize photocopies. I dont know what the heck CIC wants from us.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
well, notary public cannot certify documents in many countries i think, so in that case, you have to take it to someone who can notarize. Thats what CIC wants you to do. It can end up being expensive though. It might sometimes be cheaper to drive over to a state where they do notarize.