+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notarized documents

hongtam2629

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Hi experts,

I am currently working in Canada. I got OINP yesterday, I started preparing for my application. Do the documents (birth certificate, degrees, Police Certificate...) in Vietnam (my home country) need to be notarized and translated in my home and mailed to Canada? Or it need to notarized and translate in Canada? Because I remember in the Ontario PNP website, it said if you are applying from within Ontario, the translations must be completed by a certified translator accredited by the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO).

Please advise.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I am translating some of documents, and i just use a certified translator - the fact is that in Ontario certified translator is a translator who is accredited by the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO). In other countries or regions, different body regulates translators.

I am also aware of those who live in Canada but have documents translated in Germany - as it was cheaper.

Hopes this clarifys the matter.

michellini

Mar 3, 2017
hongtam2629 said:
Hi experts,

I am currently working in Canada. I got OINP yesterday, I started preparing for my application. Do the documents (birth certificate, degrees, Police Certificate...) in Vietnam (my home country) need to be notarized and translated in my home and mailed to Canada? Or it need to notarized and translate in Canada? Because I remember in the Ontario PNP website, it said if you are applying from within Ontario, the translations must be completed by a certified translator accredited by the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO).

Please advise.
Hi there,

I am also from Vietnam and wondering the same thing. I got NOI last week and am preparing my application of OINP now. Can you please advise about the translation part? Thank you.