+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not sure to withdraw visitor visa

C66888

Dec 2, 2019
Hi,
I was a visitor in Canada during July 2019 to Jan 2020.(First entry is July 12)
During my stay in Canada, I got a biomatrics instruction letter of PR, I have to give biometrics out of Canada.
Then I apply a visitor extension on November 1 inland. I went to New York center to give biometrics, I depart on Nov 25, re-entered on Dec 5 ,
but I didn't get the result from visitor extension now.

My question is:
1. Should I withdraw the application? (Since I re-entered on Dec 5 in Canada, it's 6 month visa from the date)
2. If withdraw it, did I have to explain?
3. If I didn't withdraw, then got a refuse of extension, can I stay up to 6 month from Dec 5?

My situation:
- applied PR out of Canada on april 2019, biometrics is done
- came in canada in July 12 2019, as a vistor
- re-entered on Dec 5

I would appreciate any advice on my case.
Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I was a visitor in Canada during July 2019 to Jan 2020.(First entry is July 12)
During my stay in Canada, I got a biomatrics instruction letter of PR, I have to give biometrics out of Canada.
Then I apply a visitor extension on November 1 inland. I went to New York center to give biometrics, I depart on Nov 25, re-entered on Dec 5 ,
but I didn't get the result from visitor extension now.

My question is:
1. Should I withdraw the application? (Since I re-entered on Dec 5 in Canada, it's 6 month visa from the date)
2. If withdraw it, did I have to explain?
3. If I didn't withdraw, then got a refuse of extension, can I stay up to 6 month from Dec 5?

My situation:
- applied PR out of Canada on april 2019, biometrics is done
- came in canada in July 12 2019, as a vistor
- re-entered on Dec 5

I would appreciate any advice on my case.
Thanks in advance.
Yes you should withdraw your application since you left Canada and entered again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi canuck78,
Thanks for your advice.
Would extend online next time. There is a higher risk of refusal when you try to extend by leaving Canada and trying to enter again. Not sure what your situation is but extensions don’t go on forever so you should be planning on securing your permanent status in Canada or returning home after your extension.

C66888

Dec 2, 2019
Would extend online next time. There is a higher risk of refusal when you try to extend by leaving Canada and trying to enter again. Not sure what your situation is but extensions don’t go on forever so you should be planning on securing your permanent status in Canada or returning home after your extension.
Yes, I know there is a risk. Meanwhile, I'm also waiting my work permit, I hope I can get it during these period. Thx