+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

not sure about my infant's status during landing ???? please help !!!!

Dko

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
hi there,

my wife and baby girl and I will be landing in Edmonton on this weekend
I am a Canadian citizen holding a CDN passport
my wife is a Chinese citizen who was approved for PR, she has her Chinese passport with the COPR letter
my baby girl was born in China but she has a CDN citizenship certificate and a CDN passport

since it will be the 1st time my baby girl is landing in Canada :

Is she consider to be a "settler" like her mother? or she is a "returning resident" like me?

thanks

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
If she has never lived in Canada before she is a "settler," and entitled to be treated as one by customs, i.e. Duty free importation of personal goods, but so is your wife, so it kind of doesn't matter.

Dko

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
links18 said:
If she has never lived in Canada before she is a "settler," and entitled to be treated as one by customs, i.e. Duty free importation of personal goods, but so is your wife, so it kind of doesn't matter.
hi links,
so then do I need to fill out a B4E "personal effects accounting document" for my baby girl?
also she got some gold jewelry from relatives can she claim them as duty free since she's a settler?

thanks

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
The baby has the Canadian passport and Citizenship, so how will the PR rules apply to her?

Dko

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
cprak0 said:
The baby has the Canadian passport and Citizenship, so how will the PR rules apply to her?
hi there,

my baby was born in China and I am a CDN citizen with a CDN passport
I applied for the proof of citizenship and CDN passport for her at a consulate in Guangzhou China.
sept25th will be the first time she enters Canada