+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not received Work permit after approval letter

anh.ntt2811

Jul 28, 2023
Hello,
I opt in for work permit extension in April 2023 and got approval letter in 9 June 2023. After 6 weeks I didn’t receive any physical work permit paper. I called Ircc and they said they would send me the new one and now after 1 week I haven’t got anything yet. I am worried because I will go to my country in January 2024 and I’m wondering if we can apply for visitor visa with approval letter or any other solution for this situation. Please let me know if someone have same my situation and tell me the timeline when you got the physical work permit one when you contact them. Thanks so much

sairayasmin

Jul 12, 2023
Hello,
I opt in for work permit extension in April 2023 and got approval letter in 9 June 2023. After 6 weeks I didn’t receive any physical work permit paper. I called Ircc and they said they would send me the new one and now after 1 week I haven’t got anything yet. I am worried because I will go to my country in January 2024 and I’m wondering if we can apply for visitor visa with approval letter or any other solution for this situation. Please let me know if someone have same my situation and tell me the timeline when you got the physical work permit one when you contact them. Thanks so much
Call IRCC again and confirm if the new document have been dispatched or not. If not contact your local MP send them an email stating your situation they will help you by inquiring.

Reactions: handeg

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hello,
Hi what number and department did you call IRCC on? It always says there are no agents available for me.

Parmjotkaur

Sep 4, 2023
Hello,
Hi, Did you get it or not? I want to know the timeline. I got approval on 27 June but till now didn't receive.

handeg

Oct 31, 2023
Hello,
Any status about not receiving the work permit letter?
I got my approval on September 11th, and still I haven't received my letter. If I visit Service Canada in person, do you think they may provide me the letter directly? Thanks.

anh.ntt2811

Jul 28, 2023
Hello,
Any status about not receiving the work permit letter?
I got my approval on September 11th, and still I haven't received my letter. If I visit Service Canada in person, do you think they may provide me the letter directly? Thanks.
No, service Canada won’t do anything with immigration paper. Just wait for it, it may be slow. Or you can just call them around 8am and ask them. I got mine in October

handeg

Oct 31, 2023
No, service Canada won’t do anything with immigration paper. Just wait for it, it may be slow. Or you can just call them around 8am and ask them. I got mine in October
Thank you for reply. I am not in canada right now, and helpdesk numbers says "only valid for calling within canada".
I tried to call, they rejected my call because of location. I guess I dont have any other option than waiting.
I found a job and I need this paper to get my SIN. Let me know if you know any other options I could try. Thanks.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Thank you for reply. I am not in canada right now, and helpdesk numbers says "only valid for calling within canada".
I tried to call, they rejected my call because of location. I guess I dont have any other option than waiting.
I found a job and I need this paper to get my SIN. Let me know if you know any other options I could try. Thanks.
Did you apply inland or outland?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello, I applied within canada but then I returned to my country. I'm in Turkey now.
Why did you leave? Do you have a TRV to re-enter? Did you apply for a work permit through the special program for Turkish citizens? If so the purpose the policy is that you cannot return to home country. You cannot get SIN unless in Canada.

handeg

Oct 31, 2023
Why did you leave? Do you have a TRV to re-enter? Did you apply for a work permit through the special program for Turkish citizens? If so the purpose the policy is that you cannot return to home country. You cannot get SIN unless in Canada.
hello, yes I applied for that visa, I already have TRV, I dont have a problem with visa or work permit approval. I already got approved, I will come to canada as soon as I received my letter. I also found a job and they require SIN as you mentioned. I need this letter for that. Thanks.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
rcincanada2019 hello,
do you think it is possible to get my work permit when I arrive to Montreal airport immigration office?
Sorry, not familiar with this. All I know is, if you applied inland, then the WP will be mailed to your Canadian address.

aravind K

Dec 22, 2023
Hello,
What happened to your work permit, i am also in same situation