+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not paying Biometric fee upfront - CEC application

Steven2410

Mar 18, 2019
Hi Guys,

Do you pay for Biometric fee upfront during the application processes or later after you have received your Biometric request letter?

I paid a total of 1040 (Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490)). I did not see an option to pay for Biometric fee before submitting my application

My Status is:

AOR: Jan 28th
MEP: March 12th
BIL: Not received

I see some people said they received BIL within a day or two after their Medical passed. I wonder if the delay is due to biometric fee not paid upfront? Is there any way i can pay for biometric now or should i wait for the request from IRCC?

Thank you

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

Do you pay for Biometric fee upfront during the application processes or later after you have received your Biometric request letter?

I paid a total of 1040 (Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490)). I did not see an option to pay for Biometric fee before submitting my application

My Status is:

AOR: Jan 28th
MEP: March 12th
BIL: Not received

I see some people said they received BIL within a day or two after their Medical passed. I wonder if the delay is due to biometric fee not paid upfront? Is there any way i can pay for biometric now or should i wait for the request from IRCC?

Thank you
Are you applying from inside Canada (i.e Canada as your current country of residence)? If so, that's why you weren't asked for biometrics fee.

Biometrics fees, when required, are to be paid at application submission. Cannot be paid later.
RPRF is the only fee that can be paid at a later stage.

Steven2410

Mar 18, 2019
Are you applying from inside Canada (i.e Canada as your current country of residence)? If so, that's why you weren't asked for biometrics fee.

Biometrics fees, when required, are to be paid at application submission. Cannot be paid later.
RPRF is the only fee that can be paid at a later stage.
Hi There,

Yes. I am applying from inside Canada, under CEC program. I currently working under Post Graduate WP.

Does that mean I do not need Biometric? Or if I do, IRCC will send me a request on later day?

Thanks

Steven2410

Mar 18, 2019
Hey, I read your message to me. Thank you very much for your help. Looks like i did not mess anything up.

Have a good day.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi There,

Yes. I am applying from inside Canada, under CEC program. I currently working under Post Graduate WP.

Does that mean I do not need Biometric? Or if I do, IRCC will send me a request on later day?

Thanks
That's why. You're an inland applicant
Applicants from inside Canada are temporarily exempted from giving biometrics for now.
However, if your application is moved to a processing center outside Canada due workload distribution, you will most likely be asked to give biometrics. You'll also be asked to pay biometrics fees.
In that case, because the biometrics collection system is not yet in place inside Canada, you will be asked to exit Canada and give your biometrics in another country. Most applicants who are asked so, go to the US to do it.

ImranYak

Oct 24, 2023
Good day everyone, I ordered for CBSA Note to know where My Application is stocked under HCCP. I realized that biometrics for my dependant was showing outstanding payment fee. It's over 3months which she has done the biometrics and the results as been forwarded to IRCC. Can I make the payment now? Also, hope it won't affect my application