+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not mentioned Study Permit Extension Refusal which was later approved, in PR application. Is this misrepresentation?

May 12, 2021
Hi,

As the title says. I did not provide proper pdf documentation when applied for Study permit extension. But was later approved on reapplication. Totally forgot about this since it was few years ago and mentioned 'No' in past refusals section in PR application. Could this be a reason of refusal?

AOR: Dec 2020,
Last Called Status:
Eligibility: Recommended pass
Criminality: passed
Security: Not Started

Thank you in advance!

Princess2020

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
You
Hi,

As the title says. I did not provide proper pdf documentation when applied for Study permit extension. But was later approved on reapplication. Totally forgot about this since it was few years ago and mentioned 'No' in past refusals section in PR application. Could this be a reason of refusal?

Last Called Status:

Thank you in advance!
can raise a webform to inform IRCC of your honest mistake that since your application was later approved you thought you didn’t need to mention refusal but just want to bring it on record. Else when/if you receive procedural fairness letter you can explain the same at that point

May 12, 2021
You
can raise a webform to inform IRCC of your honest mistake that since your application was later approved you thought you didn’t need to mention refusal but just want to bring it on record. Else when/if you receive procedural fairness letter you can explain the same at that point
Thank you for your reply. I did not know about procedural fairness letter but got to know through you. Since it is so far in review stage, I don't want to complicate things by raising web form. Do they send fairness letter in every uncertain case or they could also right-away reject the application?

Princess2020

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I did not know about procedural fairness letter but got to know through you. Since it is so far in review stage, I don't want to complicate things by raising web form. Do they send fairness letter in every uncertain case or they could also right-away reject the application?
Getting a PFL isn’t something that any applicant would want. I would send webform right away. Generally speaking, Once you receive PFL, chances of getting through it successfully are slim. You can search different cases on forum. Irrespective of your honesty, you did answer “false” to a question. I am sorry if you find this harsh but it’s what it is.

May 12, 2021
I will recheck the old letter whether it was refusal, or they just asked to resend documents on same application. It has been so long that I don't remember what it was. If letter was for refusal, I will raise webform.

Thank you once again.

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
My advise to you is -DO NOT wait until you receive a procedural fairness letter before you explain yourself. Regardless of the stage your application is in, if you feel you have missed an important detail that you ought to have provided earlier on in your application , write a letter of explanation immediately and send it through web form ..... good luck

May 12, 2021
Thank you for your replies. Yes, I have raised web form already, and explained to them since it was ultimately approved I answered No. I also told them I have lost the application details.

Reactions: Princess2020

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hi,

Last Called Status:

Thank you in advance!
BRO, PLEASE REPLY TO WHAT HAPPENED IN YOUR SITUATION AS I ALSO FORGET TO MENTION CANADA STUDY PERMIT REFUSAL IN THE IMM5669E FORM.PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
My advise to you is -DO NOT wait until you receive a procedural fairness letter before you explain yourself. Regardless of the stage your application is in, if you feel you have missed an important detail that you ought to have provided earlier on in your application , write a letter of explanation immediately and send it through web form ..... good luck
I FORGET TO MENTION CANADA STUDY VISA REFUSAL IN TR TO PR UNDER THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT STREAM. BUT I HAVE ALREADY SENT THE WEB FORM USING MY UCI NUMBER AND PASSPORT I ATTACHED AN HONEST MISTAKE LETTER PLUS FEES RECEIPT PLUS UPDATED IMM5669E FORM. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF BAN IN THIS GUYS PLEASE REPLY

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
I FORGET TO MENTION CANADA STUDY VISA REFUSAL IN TR TO PR UNDER THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT STREAM. BUT I HAVE ALREADY SENT THE WEB FORM USING MY UCI NUMBER AND PASSPORT I ATTACHED AN HONEST MISTAKE LETTER PLUS FEES RECEIPT PLUS UPDATED IMM5669E FORM. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF BAN IN THIS GUYS PLEASE REPLY
If you write in small letters maybe someone reads your comment and respond.

Reactions: upon

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Can you respond please
You did everything right by sending the webform.
Also, I recommend you to send another same webform once you get AOR(because right now it is hard to know if they take this webform you sent into consideration before you have AOR)

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
You did everything right by sending the webform.
Also, I recommend you to send another same webform once you get AOR(because right now it is hard to know if they take this webform you sent into consideration before you have AOR)
Yes my agent gonna send it again after AOR.I sent passport so that there is chances that they can find my application.This proves that I tried to correct my mistake.

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Yes my agent gonna send it again after AOR.I sent passport so that there is chances that they can find my application.This proves that I tried to correct my mistake.
Even if they send me procedural fairness letter this will show that I tried to correct my mistake.So it’s all good