+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not getting any response from Immigration

dm1317

May 12, 2019
My spousal sponsorship application is opened by immigration on 12th july 2019. I am able to find this information on online services, but till now they didn't provide any file number. What to do ?

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
It typically takes 45-60 days from when they receive it (so when they opened it, not when it was delivered) to get an AOR (the first official response from them). Unfortunately you just have to be patient. This is a long process.

Reactions: dm1317

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My spousal sponsorship application is opened by immigration on 12th july 2019. I am able to find this information on online services, but till now they didn't provide any file number. What to do ?
Nothing to do but wait. It's too early to be expecting a file number.

dm1317

May 12, 2019
It typically takes 45-60 days from when they receive it (so when they opened it, not when it was delivered) to get an AOR (the first official response from them). Unfortunately you just have to be patient. This is a long process.
Thank you :)

Skyslay

Jul 27, 2019
My wife as been in Canada for over 6 years never left the country. How long after she get her PR can she apply for citizenship?

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
My wife as been in Canada for over 6 years never left the country. How long after she get her PR can she apply for citizenship?
If she's been here as a temporary resident (worker/student/visitor, basically anyone with legal status that's not a PR or citizen), each day she's been in canada counts as half a day towards the residency requirement. However only 365 days of temporary residence can count towards the requirement. I don't know if that means only 365 days that count as half (=182.5 days) or if that's 365 days worth of half days (so technically 2 years of time spent in Canada = 365 days).

Either way she'll still have to wait at least 2 years to complete the time in Canada requirement before she can apply for citizenship. There's a calculator you can use to determine just how much time officially counts.

Source

dm1317

May 12, 2019
Hi,

Now it is making me more worried as person who has applied after me they already got their file number plus request for medical and biometric as well. Can anybody tell me how to know whats going on with my file? I tried to contact CIC, that is not helping because of long waiting time period to talk with agent. My application has already passed 3 months and still i am without file number.

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Hi,

Now it is making me more worried as person who has applied after me they already got their file number plus request for medical and biometric as well. Can anybody tell me how to know whats going on with my file? I tried to contact CIC, that is not helping because of long waiting time period to talk with agent. My application has already passed 3 months and still i am without file number.
You said they opened your application on July 12. This means that your 12 month estimated waiting time began on July 12. They don't count the time it took for your application to get there in the mail, or how long it sat around at their office before they started to review it. So according to COC, it's been just over 1 month, not 3.

Regardless, calling CIC might get you your file number, but if you already can check the status of your application in other ways, that file number pretty much means nothing. Updates will come on your application in their own time, not on someone else's timeline. As frustrating as it is, the fact that someone else's app is moving faster than yours has no bearing on how they process your application.

You can keep calling CIC if you really want, but I suggest you figure out how to be patient. Your AOR and bio request and medical request will come when they come.

dm1317

May 12, 2019
You said they opened your application on July 12. This means that your 12 month estimated waiting time began on July 12. They don't count the time it took for your application to get there in the mail, or how long it sat around at their office before they started to review it. So according to COC, it's been just over 1 month, not 3.

Regardless, calling CIC might get you your file number, but if you already can check the status of your application in other ways, that file number pretty much means nothing. Updates will come on your application in their own time, not on someone else's timeline. As frustrating as it is, the fact that someone else's app is moving faster than yours has no bearing on how they process your application.

You can keep calling CIC if you really want, but I suggest you figure out how to be patient. Your AOR and bio request and medical request will come when they come.
I totally understand, I can't compare process time to other application. But I thought usually all the application gets their file number within 3 months counting from when they received it. That is the only reason I was worried.
Anyways your answer helps a lot. Thank you for information :)