+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not enrolled in any college - currently on study permit

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
@scylla Hope you can advise.

I need an urgent query to make. Brother of my friend (who lives in Toronto)came to Canada in May on a study permit in BC. He didn't find it good over there. So he just did his first semester and left his college in BC to live with his brother in Toronto. 

Meanwhile, he is Not enrolled in any college. Still looking for a college in Toronto but the chances seem very less. Please advise what he need to do in case he is unable to get admission in any college.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla Hope you can advise.

I need an urgent query to make. Brother of my friend (who lives in Toronto)came to Canada in May on a study permit in BC. He didn't find it good over there. So he just did his first semester and left his college in BC to live with his brother in Toronto. 

Meanwhile, he is Not enrolled in any college. Still looking for a college in Toronto but the chances seem very less. Please advise what he need to do in case he is unable to get admission in any college.
If he's out of school for more than 90 days, his study permit will be automatically canceled. He should consider changing his status to visitor.

Hope he stopped working as soon as he stopped attending school. He's no longer legally allowed to work.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
If he's out of school for more than 90 days, his study permit will be automatically canceled. He should consider changing his status to visitor.

Hope he stopped working as soon as he stopped attending school. He's no longer legally allowed to work.
Thanks a lot @scylla .

Can you please advise me the process of changing his study visa to visitor visa. Any link or thread would be greatly appreciated.