+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not declaring spouse on landing in canada

BurbeeBash

May 20, 2022
Hello house , I failed to declare my marriage on landing canada. I applied to sponsor her but was denied. I have read the thread on similar posts as mine. My question is , I’ll get my citizenship in a few months, can I then make any moves ( apply on compassionate and humanitarian grounds ) since there’s no more fear of my status being revoked ?

BurbeeBash

May 20, 2022
What if after I get my citizen, I go back home , file for a divorce. Get married again and reapply for sponsorship

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
What if after I get my citizen, I go back home , file for a divorce. Get married again and reapply for sponsorship
Won't work. You have to declare any divorces on your application and the officer would clearly see the pattern.

Did you check out the undeclared pilot program? It's very strict but you can see if you qualify?

If you don't qualify for the pilot H&C is a very slim chance of success. Maybe look into moving to the country where you spouse is.

Last edited:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello house , I failed to declare my marriage on landing canada. I applied to sponsor her but was denied. I have read the thread on similar posts as mine. My question is , I’ll get my citizenship in a few months, can I then make any moves ( apply on compassionate and humanitarian grounds ) since there’s no more fear of my status being revoked ?
1. Citizenship or not, you still can't sponsor your spouse.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
It's not about your status. You cannot sponsor your spouse if you didn't declare her when you landed.

divorce and then re-marry will be a divorce/marriage of convinence. It's not going to work for IRCC. Time to consider to relocate or consider if your spouse can immigrate on her own.

Reactions: Buletruck

Snr Believe

May 21, 2022
On what basis were you refused to sponsor your wife that you did not disclose initially? I think you need to explain the circumstances that made your hesitation and or if you did not have legal representation at that time? Do you have children together and is your spouse with you or outside the country all these factors matter in determining the authenticity of your marriage. Consult a lawyer asap regarding this that would be my advice

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
On what basis were you refused to sponsor your wife that you did not disclose initially? I think you need to explain the circumstances that made your hesitation and or if you did not have legal representation at that time? Do you have children together and is your spouse with you or outside the country all these factors matter in determining the authenticity of your marriage. Consult a lawyer asap regarding this that would be my advice
OP failed to declare their spouse before landing and becoming a PR. He can never sponsor his wife for this reason. A lawyer cannot fix this.

Reactions: YVR123 and Jules105

madhc

Jun 7, 2019
Hello, I married in India on Jan 21, 2022 while my PR application was in progress. I got email on pr confirmation on 1st Feb and asking any change of details marital status. I went back to canada on valid work permit and received my e-copr on a single status on 5 Feb ( after 2 weeks of marriage) and did virtual landing. Received PR card on 17 Feb. i did not have legal documents to prove my marriage at time of pr approval. My marriage was registered on march 10 in india.

wanted to sponsor my husband now. But i am scared as i just got to know that i might not be able to sponsor as i have not declare my marriage.

but my marriage is legally registered after i got my pr?
Please advise

I

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I married in India on Jan 21, 2022 while my PR application was in progress. I got email on pr confirmation on 1st Feb and asking any change of details marital status.
You got married before you became a PR, you didn't disclose as required to - that's misrepresentation.

And you knew it perfectly well or you wouldn't be making feeble arguments like...
...which, truthfully, you don't really believe either, do you?

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Hello, I married in India on Jan 21, 2022 while my PR application was in progress. I got email on pr confirmation on 1st Feb and asking any change of details marital status. I went back to canada on valid work permit and received my e-copr on a single status on 5 Feb ( after 2 weeks of marriage) and did virtual landing. Received PR card on 17 Feb. i did not have legal documents to prove my marriage at time of pr approval. My marriage was registered on march 10 in india.

wanted to sponsor my husband now. But i am scared as i just got to know that i might not be able to sponsor as i have not declare my marriage.

Please advise

I
Just wondering what was the point of lying when asked if there was any change in your martial status etc on the 1st of February. Or lying by omission ....I just always wonder when I see these posts.

Is it fear? Or what...I have nothing helpful to add just plain curiosity.

It sounds like you were economic stream so the undeclared pilot won't be open to you if my guess is correct.