+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not authorized to work for any employer other than stated in my sp

arkhayyal

Jan 12, 2024
Hi every one,
I got my study permit and co-op work permit and there is a condition in both " not authorized to work for any employer other than stated". In study permit there is a remark " Employment practicum cannot form more than 50% of the total program of studdy. Authorized to undertake employment which forms integral part of studies as certified by the educational institution." Has anyone encountered this condition before? Does this mean that I am not allowed to work while studying as an international student, as specified 20 hours per week?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi every one,
I got my study permit and co-op work permit and there is a condition in both " not authorized to work for any employer other than stated". In study permit there is a remark " Employment practicum cannot form more than 50% of the total program of studdy. Authorized to undertake employment which forms integral part of studies as certified by the educational institution." Has anyone encountered this condition before? Does this mean that I am not allowed to work while studying as an international student, as specified 20 hours per week?
Correct. You can only work for an employer that is part of your program‘s completion. Does is state your school as the employer? What school are you attending?

arkhayyal

Jan 12, 2024
No bro, I am in a DLI and this was mentioned in the study permit. Yes in Quebec and the school offered vocational program in many centers.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No bro, I am in a DLI and this was mentioned in the study permit. Yes in Quebec and the school offered vocational program in many centers.
What is the school’s website. Don’t see your school on the DLI site for post secondary. DLI doesn’t mean it allows for off campus work. All primary and secondary schools in Canada are designated learning institutions. They aren’t included in this list in the link. Your school is not a CEGEP, college or university so you cannot work.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The DLI number is ( o260779618762 )
It is not a post secondary school (in the link). What is the school…not school board? Just looked it up and it is public school board so it is not post secondary. You can only work with co-op through the school. So I cannot tell you much more. Why didn’t you apply for a study permit with a college, university?

https://international-voc.lbpsb.qc.ca/

If want to try and change conditions (probably will be refused), you can submit change to your study permit but processing will take many months. Need to prove you are going to a post secondary institution and not a public school board DLI.

Also Pearson is a different DLI.
Pearson Electrotechnology Centre is a professional career centre located in Lachine offering programs in Telecommunication and Computing Support and Interior Decorating & Visual Display. It is not on post secondary DLI list.
DLI: o246881963996

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Bro I apply for DEP for 1800 hour in this school. doy you have any advice please?
You can apply to ask to change conditions on your study permit to work. This will take several months. You cannot work unless approved. Just because it offers DEP doesn’t mean you can work off campus. Not sure why you assumed that. Did you change programs because the DLI on your permit is not for post secondary? Pearson has a DLI for post secondary (again in the link). This DLI is not the same for the one you have on your study permit. You need to talk to your advisor on how to a) change DLI number and b) change conditions of work permit to work outside of school program.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

Pearson DLI is O246881963996 (Centre d’électrotechnologie Pearson) which is not your DLI on your study permit. Your DLI is for the school board.

Last edited:

arkhayyal

Jan 12, 2024
I make search and find it "

The Diploma of Professional Studies (DEP) is a secondary school diploma."
that mean I wiil not have permit to work with study. My DLI is for leaster b person school board and program in verdun center.

Last edited:

arkhayyal

Jan 12, 2024
You can apply to ask to change conditions on your study permit to work. This will take several months. You cannot work unless approved. Just because it offers DEP doesn’t mean you can work off campus. Not sure why you assumed that. Did you change programs because the DLI on your permit is not for post secondary? Pearson has a DLI for post secondary (again in the link). This DLI is not the same for the one you have on your study permit. You need to talk to your advisor on how to a) change DLI number and b) change conditions of work permit to work outside of school program.

Pearson DLI is O246881963996 (Centre d’électrotechnologie Pearson) which is not your DLI on your study permit. Your DLI is for the school board.
From IRCC website:

Eligibility requirements
International students can work off campus without a work permit, provided that all of the following statements are true:
  • They hold a valid study permit.
  • They are full-time students enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI).
  • The program in which they are enrolled is a post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program, or a vocational training program at the secondary level offered in Quebec.
  • The program of study is at least 6 months in duration and leads to a degree, diploma or certificate.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I make search and find it "

The Diploma of Professional Studies (DEP) is a secondary school diploma."
that mean I wiil not have permit to work with study. My DLI is for leaster b person school board and program in verdun center.
But your DLI is for the school board not Verdun, which is different from Pearson school board. The issue may be with your DLI number. Your current DLI is for a school board which is for elementary, secondary and vocational school, not the post secondary school. As I said you need to talk to your advisor about changing DLI to a post secondary number (Verdon has its own number). Currently, you don’t meet bullet number 2 at a DLI for post secondary. You need to change DLI numbers. So you need to apply to change conditions of work permit with updated DLI. This is not an easy or fast fix. It will take months to get response on whether IRCC will change conditions.

Were you always attending this school or did you change programs?