+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not allowed for online Citizenship application after 2 years on PR and one year prior to PR

Hopefully_PR

May 13, 2015
Hello everyone,
I have been Canada for more than 4 years before getting PR which should be counted as one year towards PR time. Then I got my PR 2 years ago, which means I completed the 3 years needed before applying for citizenship. However, on the online application when I put the date I became PR (2 years ago), it doesn't allow me to continue as it says it has to be 3 years. Does anyone know what to do? do you think I will have to apply on paper only? thanks.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Were you able to create an account for the online application? Is this an issue you are facing in the physical presence calculator section of the online application?

Reactions: Hopefully_PR

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have been Canada for more than 4 years before getting PR which should be counted as one year towards PR time. Then I got my PR 2 years ago, which means I completed the 3 years needed before applying for citizenship. However, on the online application when I put the date I became PR (2 years ago), it doesn't allow me to continue as it says it has to be 3 years. Does anyone know what to do? do you think I will have to apply on paper only? thanks.
Without knowing the exact dates, it would be difficult to advise you. Use this to calculate and see how many days it gives you.
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

Reactions: Hopefully_PR

Hopefully_PR

May 13, 2015
Were you able to create an account for the online application? Is this an issue you are facing in the physical presence calculator section of the online application?
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was able to create an online account but the issue came when I put the date I got PR at on Nov 27, 2020 so it blocked out the part where I can put the traveling history and stuff. I was in Canada since 2013 so I definitely have one year prior to PR.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was able to create an online account but the issue came when I put the date I got PR at on Nov 27, 2020 so it blocked out the part where I can put the traveling history and stuff. I was in Canada since 2013 so I definitely have one year prior to PR.
Did you check "yes" to temporary residence status before PR in web form? That is how I was able to get credits for time before PR

Hopefully_PR

May 13, 2015
Did you check "yes" to temporary residence status before PR in web form? That is how I was able to get credits for time before PR
Sorry a quick question. I had a work permit so I'm wondering what to choose from the drop down menu (temporary foreign worker or temporary resident permit holder)?

Reactions: Shayna22