+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not able to get reference letter from a company .

madeehagafoor

Jul 31, 2017
I have worked for 4 companies Not able to get reference letter from a company . Consultancy says that email from company stating that they dont provide reference letter will work . Is that true.

ywssz

Mar 24, 2017
Category........
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
I have read on the forum that this is an option, but I would additionally try to:

1- get a letter from your direct supervisor (if u have a good relationship with them) stating your duties and the duration of your employment.

2- add a payroll document or email to submit your salary and benefits

3- your signed contract as well? if it includes your duties it would be great.

If that company is not in the NOC your r applying for I wouldnt worry much and focus on the ones that fall in your NOC. If it does, try to include any documentation stating your duties and start and end dates. And of course, you will definitely need a letter of explanation.

In my case, one of the companies wouldn't include my salary. I mentioned it was against their policy in the LoE, however, it was not in the NOC I applied for so I am not sure if they accepted this explanation or just ignores it because I do not take points for it.

So, as a wrap up, try to submit the info they need from documents you already have and add an LoE along with the email the company sent you. Good luck!

Rapheee

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Chennai
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I have worked for 4 companies Not able to get reference letter from a company . Consultancy says that email from company stating that they dont provide reference letter will work . Is that true.
You can try the below.

1. Reference Letter as per CIC format specifying your Duration, Joining Date, Relieving date, Role and Responsibilities addressed to CIC and signed by your supervisor and a HR (this is not through the official channel of your organisation rather using your rapport with them. If HR is not possible your supervisor alone will help).
2. Pay Slips
3. Tax Forms
4. Performance Appraisal Letters
5. Any other official documents.

Club all those individual documents into one as per the experience you showcased in you profile. This should help !!

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017

kohlianshu

Sep 23, 2018
Hi,

I am a in similar situation. I am working for an IT organisation and they do not support a self initiated PR/visa processes. I have already received an ITA and have just a month left to get the documents ready.

I was told by my immigration consultancy that jobs and duties with salary and weekly hours is a must and without the same PR is very difficult. In the absence of the same, they suggested to get a self declaration affidavit (mentioning the roles/responsibilities, my weekly hours and current annual package) signed by the executive first class magistrate along with the the reference letters (again in affidavit format) from two seniors. The problem and my corresponding questions for the same are as follows:

a) As per the Indian Supreme court orders the executive first class magistrates are not supposed to sign such documents. So we got the affidavit attested by the Notary. Will that suffice?

b) I got 2 reference/recommendation letters mentioning my roles and responsibilities and the tenure of work duly signed by my current reporting manager and the delivery manager of my organisation on plain A4 sheets without any company letterhead. But as my consultancy suggested this should too be an affidavit. My managers have been helpful enough but no one would sign an affidavit in such cases. Please can some one suggest if these would work?

Please i need help with this urgently. An immediate response would be appreciated.

Thanks!

S_r_t_1

Mar 25, 2019
Hi,

I am a in similar situation. I am working for an IT organisation and they do not support a self initiated PR/visa processes. I have already received an ITA and have just a month left to get the documents ready.

I was told by my immigration consultancy that jobs and duties with salary and weekly hours is a must and without the same PR is very difficult. In the absence of the same, they suggested to get a self declaration affidavit (mentioning the roles/responsibilities, my weekly hours and current annual package) signed by the executive first class magistrate along with the the reference letters (again in affidavit format) from two seniors. The problem and my corresponding questions for the same are as follows:

a) As per the Indian Supreme court orders the executive first class magistrates are not supposed to sign such documents. So we got the affidavit attested by the Notary. Will that suffice?

b) I got 2 reference/recommendation letters mentioning my roles and responsibilities and the tenure of work duly signed by my current reporting manager and the delivery manager of my organisation on plain A4 sheets without any company letterhead. But as my consultancy suggested this should too be an affidavit. My managers have been helpful enough but no one would sign an affidavit in such cases. Please can some one suggest if these would work?

Please i need help with this urgently. An immediate response would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, can you tell me what did you do in your case?