+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

North Island College

LuNatique

Jul 6, 2020
Hi, just want to get some feedback for North Island College.
Planning to go as international student, January 2021 intake.
Feedbacks will greatly help in my decision. Thank you.

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
I am also planning to apply to North island college for January 2021. Maybe you should message me and we can further talk about this?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
hi, i can manage with that. Just wondering if ill be able to get part time jobs.
It is going to be harder to find work in small towns vs big cities which is obvious. Also, don't expect to find employment in cities from small time college degrees as they are unrecognizable

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
It is going to be harder to find work in small towns vs big cities which is obvious. Also, don't expect to find employment in cities from small time college degrees as they are unrecognizable
actually I refute with this statement. Finding a full time employment is much easier in a small city. You can always choose to move to a bigger city like Victoria for more opportunities anyways. NIC provides internship which can help you build contacts and through proper networking and your own competency, you can land yourself a decent job. Also Nic offers degree/transfer programs with reputable universities like VIU.
Small cities/towns are much more peaceful and you would incur less expenditure.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
actually I refute with this statement. Finding a full time employment is much easier in a small city. You can always choose to move to a bigger city like Victoria for more opportunities anyways. NIC provides internship which can help you build contacts and through proper networking and your own competency, you can land yourself a decent job. Also Nic offers degree/transfer programs with reputable universities like VIU.
You sound like you get a commission from people who choose NIC.

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
You sound like you get a commission from people who choose NIC.

lol actually I'm an Indian student on the track to achieve my bachelors in commerce. After quite a bit of research, I thought that this college is perfect for me. I'm just expressing my views, I don't get any kind of commission my g.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Didn't you just say you planning to apply? How can you refute that statement then when you haven't even started your studies?

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Didn't you just say you planning to apply? How can you refute that statement then when you haven't even started your studies?

He's asking for my advice so I gave my advice. A few of my friends have graduated from that place and like I told you I did my research. It's easy to watch YouTube and type in google. See the programs and outcomes of a course, employment opportunities in that area, prevailing wage rate, jobs in demand, how that city's administration works.. Basically that's what I did and also asked for my friend's advice :)

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
He's asking for my advice so I gave my advice. A few of my friends have graduated from that place and like I told you I did my research. It's easy to watch YouTube and type in google. See the programs and outcomes of a course, employment opportunities in that area, prevailing wage rate, jobs in demand, how that city's administration works.. Basically that's what I did and also asked for my friend's advice :)
"How the city's administration works"?

Not sure how the Mayor and Council of Campbell River, BC affect your college choice.

Campbell River is a small, small village on the northern half of Vancouver Island. It used to be a forestry mill town, but that industry is suffering. Having a college there was primarily a political effort by successive governments to give every community a college of some sort. That college now takes international students as a way to boost its revenues.

Moving from Campbell River to Victoria, which itself is a small town, is moving six hours away by driving. Not sure how the networks you make in small town Campbell River would help you get a job in Victoria itself, much less in Vancouver.

The college itself is not highly regarded in employers' minds in BC. A college alone - not a university - is always seen as a step down and not as good as a university. A college in Campbell River or the Comox Valley, and not in Vancouver, will be basically unknown.

Further, the BBA degrees at NIC are online-only, so it's not clear that you'd be able to get a PGWP from unfortunately choosing this institution, which I imagine is your eventual path towards immigration. So yeah.

While I appreciate your attempt to sell NIC, either your research isn't as good as you claim it is, or you're misinterpreting what it's like to go to a college in a community of 35,000 people - a smaller population than most sub-districts of small cities in India.

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
LMAO just bc I'm supporting the college that I want to attend, doesn't mean I'm an agent. Maybe you're just delusional my friend. If you say you'd rather go to Vancouver and spend thousands of dollars on a college that hosts million of international students then damn.. Stop following the herd. Employment rate is better than a lot of so called cities that are a hot-spot for international students. I chose this college bc of affordability, location, internship and education.
if you don't believe me then message me and I'll show you I'm a student not an agent smh. Also most of the degree programs in canada are shifted to online mode.
Think what you want but I'm pretty sure 2 years of pgd in accountancy would lead me to a 3 year pgwp. Even the website states that and I've talked to my counselor about this.
try again

• Haha
Reactions: k.h.p.