+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-urgent RTD timeline

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hi all, I have applied for the non-urgent RTD in June 2022 and have not heard back since. I sent CIC a message via web form for update and they responded fairly quickly saying everything is in order and all I have to do is wait, but according to their website the non-urgent RTD usually only takes 20 days to process, while I have already waited for 8 months.

I wanted to know if anyone here is in a similar situation where the non-urgent application has been submitted in last year, and I'm curious to know if any of you has any luck in receiving the RTD, if so please kindly share the timeline so that it can help us estimate the current processing time for non-urgent applications.

Thanks.

alidw

Aug 28, 2022
Hi all, I have applied for the non-urgent RTD in June 2022 and have not heard back since. I sent CIC a message via web form for update and they responded fairly quickly saying everything is in order and all I have to do is wait, but according to their website the non-urgent RTD usually only takes 20 days to process, while I have already waited for 8 months.

I wanted to know if anyone here is in a similar situation where the non-urgent application has been submitted in last year, and I'm curious to know if any of you has any luck in receiving the RTD, if so please kindly share the timeline so that it can help us estimate the current processing time for non-urgent applications.

Thanks.
I have been waiting for exactly 1 year, without any updates.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022

Thanks.
I applied for my RTD (non urgent) in February 2022. I then sent 2 webforms requesting urgent processing, and provided proof in the second request (my father was in the ICU) and then received the RTD in September 2022.

I strongly recommend you find a way to send an urgent request and keep following up through webforms. Their timelines are arbitrary unfortunately.

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021

Thanks.
I applied RTD normal on March 24, 2022

Received May 11, 2023 ( after 14 months )
After 6 follow-ups webforms

Fleabag23

Mar 29, 2023
Hi everyone,
I’m curious, has anyone applied recently for urgent processing of the RTD and they were asked to apply via the epost link? I want to know if they still do that. Thanks.

hassiko

Aug 19, 2021
Hi nilufer! Could you please tell me how did you get it? I was in the same boat with you
Its been 2 years and haven’t received. They kept saying that it’s in the last step . I don’t know what to do
Thanks