+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non sds

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Define his profile. To me, file lodging is important based on his profile. Incase he has more experience after his bachelor's, looking for higher studies by pausing his work.. then Non-sds with an explanation helps. Don't be in a hurry in this situation and make the officer feels that you are least bothered settling in Canada. For SDS, you push to do all the steps upfront as you wanted things move faster, it shows them your eagerness. So first define your profile. It's explains a bit for me to share my opinion.
Bachelors in Mass Media.(Age 26)
Work experience of 4 years.
His elder sister is a PR in Canada and funding his studies and I am supporting too.
Offer for May 2021 for PDD in Marketing program. He cannot pay 1 year fees upfront so not going for SDS.
IELTS CLB level 8.
Hope it helps.
Can I ask if you received your approval already?

Last edited:

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Bachelors in Mass Media.(Age 26)
Work experience of 4 years.
His elder sister is a PR in Canada and funding his studies and I am supporting too.
Offer for May 2021 for PDD in Marketing program. He cannot pay 1 year fees upfront so not going for SDS.
IELTS CLB level 8.
Hope it helps.
Can I ask if you received your approval already?
Good. Make a strong SOP and never confess anthing about your peers in Canada in your SOP but declare in the permit application. Add more positive notes to your SOP. Profile looks good and you need you substantiate your studies requirement and job opportunities when you return. Make it strong.

I am not travelling. I post here for my cousin who applied for permit.
Applied in October -non SDS
Medicals requested and passed in December 2nd week.
Course opted has an online mode of learning hence ircc holding most of the non SDS applicants. File is locked up in new Delhi.

Hope this helps

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Good. Make a strong SOP and never confess anthing about your peers in Canada in your SOP but declare in the permit application. Add more positive notes to your SOP. Profile looks good and you need you substantiate your studies requirement and job opportunities when you return. Make it strong.

Course opted has an online mode of learning hence ircc holding most of the non SDS applicants. File is locked up in new Delhi.

Hope this helps
Thanks for your positive notes.
I have a question. Aren't offer letters typically supposed to give security deposit options for both SDS and non-SDS. The offer letter that he received only asks to deposit upfront payment of 1 year for SDS but does not say anything about non-SDS. He has requested them to change the offer letter. Waiting for it.

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Thanks for your positive notes.
I have a question. Aren't offer letters typically supposed to give security deposit options for both SDS and non-SDS. The offer letter that he received only asks to deposit upfront payment of 1 year for SDS but does not say anything about non-SDS. He has requested them to change the offer letter. Waiting for it.
Good if you don't have any conditions for offer. It's not mandatory. If you pay full year tuition fees, you can go for SDS else non-sds and doesn't require any payment conditions actually ...

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Good if you don't have any conditions for offer. It's not mandatory. If you pay full year tuition fees, you can go for SDS else non-sds and doesn't require any payment conditions actually ...
But they should mention security deposit for non-SDS option in the offer letter , am I correct?
Speaking of online learning, students can learn online only of they receive final approval for study permit, am I correct? In 2020, they had a rule where students can start studying once they received stage 1 approval but that is no longer the case I think.

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
I got my OPR on Feb 7th (surprise to see on Sunday)

Application: October 3
Category : non-sds
Biometric: december 10
Medical request : december 10
Medical passed: December 17
Bvl: Feb 5, 2021
Opr: Feb 7,2021

Experience: 8 years.
IELTS: not provided
Proof of funds: bank statement and later GIC upon request

I know my SOP got the job done.

Good luck to all. New aspirants can reach out to me for any help..

Amitdhw007

Mar 14, 2021
Sir, i did PTE exam and i got to 51 overall socre
Listening 53 (6.0)
Reading 51 (6.0)
Speaking 48 (5.5)
Writing 60 (6.5)
Can i apply what kind of visa like sds or non sds
And can i choose st. Clair college in Windsor/ toronto
And non sds give me work permit after study ?

Dharmikdonda111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Sir, i did PTE exam and i got to 51 overall socre
Listening 53 (6.0)
Reading 51 (6.0)
Speaking 48 (5.5)
Writing 60 (6.5)
Can i apply what kind of visa like sds or non sds
And can i choose st. Clair college in Windsor/ toronto
And non sds give me work permit after study ?
St Clair gives Admission to students with one Module 5.5 , if I am not wrong .
Secondly you may face visa rejection due to low IELTS score.
Work permit you will get , but it should be DLI approved college .
I suggest you should give ilets again.

Same happened with me and I was thinking to take admission in St Clair but I have another attempt to exam and cleared. It.
Don't lose hope and give another attempt.
I am sure you will clear it.
All the best

Amannegi2001

Mar 19, 2021

Hope this helps
Brother how far his process has gone?

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Feb 27, 2021 Submitted
March 9 Biometrics given
March 26 Passport request letter
Non SDS India.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
I got my OPR on Feb 7th (surprise to see on Sunday)

Application: October 3
Category : non-sds
Biometric: december 10
Medical request : december 10
Medical passed: December 17
Bvl: Feb 5, 2021
Opr: Feb 7,2021

Experience: 8 years.
IELTS: not provided
Proof of funds: bank statement and later GIC upon request

I know my SOP got the job done.

Good luck to all. New aspirants can reach out to me for any help..
Thanks, got approved under non-SDS too.
1 month timeline.