+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

Zafran Khan

Mar 30, 2023
I am a Non-Sds applicant from Pakistan (Ph.D. fully funded)
visa office: Abu Dhabi
Applied: Dec 13, 2022
Biometric updated: 16 Dec 2022
Medical request: 11 Jan 2023
Additional doc request: 24 Jan 2023
Additional doc under review: 3 March 2023
medical updated: 21 March 2023
Since then no news, when i can expect ppr? also i raised several webforms, only got response for one that we checking background.
my intake is May
please share your experiences

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @sundial_tenable0f! Thank you for your explanation! I stay corrected. I have had a completely wrong idea about the withdrawing process.
Yes, in this case, it looks like both of your applications might be on hold for around 16 weeks. Really sorry about your situation. I know how frustrating it must be as we were waiting for 18 weeks on our first application and have been waiting for 9 weeks already on our second. Good luck to you! ;)

Hey thank you for the reply.
Yeah the instruction online was to withdraw an application via a webform. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application
We can't withdraw an application from the application portal itself.
I used the webform to raise a request to withdraw the first application, but it wasn't withdrawn right away. It was at the processing office's discretion to decide whether the withdrawal request was approved, which could take up to 16 weeks.
Therefore, I am wondering whether they would just "park" both of my applications until the 16 week mark was nearing.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @Zafran Khan Seems like your application is moving, which is a good sign. Of course, you should have already received your decision, but it seems like your application is in the famous backlog as so many applications these days. Don't lose hope for at least 20-23 weeks, that seemed to be a timeline for 2022 applications ;)

I am a Non-Sds applicant from Pakistan (Ph.D. fully funded)
visa office: Abu Dhabi
Applied: Dec 13, 2022
Biometric updated: 16 Dec 2022
Medical request: 11 Jan 2023
Additional doc request: 24 Jan 2023
Additional doc under review: 3 March 2023
medical updated: 21 March 2023
Since then no news, when i can expect ppr? also i raised several webforms, only got response for one that we checking background.
my intake is May
please share your experiences

Zafran Khan

Mar 30, 2023
Hey @Zafran Khan Seems like your application is moving, which is a good sign. Of course, you should have already received your decision, but it seems like your application is in the famous backlog as so many applications these days. Don't lose hope for at least 20-23 weeks, that seemed to be a timeline for 2022 applications ;)
Thank You So much, I hope that at least i will get my ppr for the September intake

Reactions: parrots

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Hey @hs202! As much sad and frustrating as the situation of your nephew is, I know of at least two cases last year where people had received their PPRs after over 12 months of waiting. That said, there are a few things you can do:

1. Send a webform to the IRCC - in case they send you a reply (even if it is a standardized general reply), it would mean that your application is in order and under their review. That'll give you some peace of mind.

2. Talk to a professional lawyer or an immigration advisor - if the processing time of a given application exceeds the normal processing time by two or three times, the applicant is eligible to "force" the IRCC to release their decision by law. There is a legal procedure for it and a lawyer can help you with that.

3. Withdraw your application and re-apply again with a fresh updated application. However, the new application may take another 2-4 months to be processed, which would make your wait time the same as if you wait until July 2023 and make it a full year of waiting on your original application. And I, personally, do not believe that any study permit application would be processed more than one year. I have not heard of a case like that, personally.

4. Wait for a full year on your original application.

I wish the best outcome for you on your application and wish you to receive your decision soon as a family! :)
Thanks a lot for detailed reply. We had been doing the steps mentioned but did not go for withdrawal as would need to do IELTS again. It is expired. Bit of ray of hope over weekend. The Application Status tracker (the new portal) got updated and in that tracker it says Eligibility completed and Biometric completed. Previously it was in progress mode. So some progress there. Just the background check is in process now

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @hs202! That sounds as a fantastic news! "Passed" Eligibility practically means PPR. I really wish it for you! Good for you that you haven't given up! Wise decision. And I also hope that your update happened later than April 19, right? That would mean that your profile is moving in spite of the strike.

My husband and I received a very strange update on our application on April 19 with changes to our Biometrics status. I think the IRCC got all SP applications updated on April 19 before they went on strike, but I can't find enough evidence to support my theory.

Thanks a lot for detailed reply. We had been doing the steps mentioned but did not go for withdrawal as would need to do IELTS again. It is expired. Bit of ray of hope over weekend. The Application Status tracker (the new portal) got updated and in that tracker it says Eligibility completed and Biometric completed. Previously it was in progress mode. So some progress there. Just the background check is in process now

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Hey @hs202! That sounds as a fantastic news! "Passed" Eligibility practically means PPR. I really wish it for you! Good for you that you haven't given up! Wise decision. And I also hope that your update happened later than April 19, right? That would mean that your profile is moving in spite of the strike.

My husband and I received a very strange update on our application on April 19 with changes to our Biometrics status. I think the IRCC got all SP applications updated on April 19 before they went on strike, but I can't find enough evidence to support my theory.
What did change on your biometric? As I mentioned earlier, in our case Biometric was showing "In process" on new tracker while it showed completed on GC website. On 19 Apr, the status changed to "complegted" on new portal and also eligibility completed on new portal. No change on the GC website

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @hs202! My Biometrics was changed from "In progress" to "Completed" and my husband's from "Not started" to "In progress". In GCKey our Biometrics read "We do not need your fingerprints."

What did change on your biometric? As I mentioned earlier, in our case Biometric was showing "In process" on new tracker while it showed completed on GC website. On 19 Apr, the status changed to "completed" on new portal and also eligibility completed on new portal. No change on the GC website

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
My sister in law got her medicals updated on gckey yesterday on the 29th in the philippines for student visa which is odd since it's the weekend. Either way we're hoping for good news soon for her September intake

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @bigfoot! The IRCC works 7 days a week and it is perfectly normal not only to get updates on the weekend, but also receive decisions on applications over weekends too.

Do you mind sharing your sister-in-law's timeline with us? Did she apply for SP or SP + OWP (family application)?

My sister in law got her medicals updated on gckey yesterday on the 29th in the philippines for student visa which is odd since it's the weekend. Either way we're hoping for good news soon for her September intake

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
Hey @bigfoot! The IRCC works 7 days a week and it is perfectly normal not only to get updates on the weekend, but also receive decisions on applications over weekends too.

Do you mind sharing your sister-in-law's timeline with us? Did she apply for SP or SP + OWP (family application)?
SP with the majority of her studies requires on job placement. single. application sent March 29th. Biometrics was already done so it showed up the next day or so. Medicals updated on gckey 29th of April. so far nothing else new

Meeseeks

May 2, 2023
Is getting an update on GC website but not on application tracker normal ? My tacker is still stuck on April 19 Biometrics completed and background check started but checked GC website yesterday and i noticed that under Eligibility it says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" knowing that i did not get an email update. Is this normal, the discrepancy between 2 portals ? Does that mean my application is moving ?