+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

non-sds processing has been more than 90 days

chriszhang94

Jul 31, 2019
I applied on May 1st by online non-sds in US and completed biometrics on May 9th. However it has been almost 90 days I still got no response. I tried to contact them through webform, in early June they replied that my file need additional verifications and last week they said my file is in queue for review. Does anyone have similar situation with me? How long do I have to wait for their decisions...?

chriszhang94

Jul 31, 2019
no since you applied from usa you should use the processing time for usa

but yea your application is very long. they told you they needed additional verification for your case? exactly what did they ask? cause right now im suspecting they doubt the legitimacy of your application. almost everyone on this forum do not get asked for additional files.

but ofc it may just be a minor issue that is totally unrelated. take note that applying from a country other than your home country MAY affect your approval chances. it has happened to quite a number on this forum
They just said the additional verification is needed and never asked for additional files. I think they have completed the verifications but I have totally no idea how long do i have to wait

Choudharyji

Jul 31, 2019
My visa application submitted on 10th july and biometrics updated on 15th july.further i got acknowledgement on 24th july that your application is being reviewed.i applied under non sds category with 6 band not less than 5.5 in one module.

chriszhang94

Jul 31, 2019
unfortunately since you said they have already replied to your webform they is really no choice but to wait

you still have easily more than 3 weeks to go so dont worry too much. but be prepared to contact your uni just in case you really have to defer to winter

is there a particular reason why you didnt apply from china through sds?
The reason is that I was working in United States so I could't go back to China on May. Also my IELTS has already expired and I didn't want to take a new IELTS test again so I choose regular online application instead of SDS.

chriszhang94

Jul 31, 2019
ok i will need you to clarify certain things

are you a long term resident of usa? what course did you apply for? why are you working in usa?

not trying to scare you but you definitely have a higher chance to get rejected based on family ties and country of residence thingy based on what i can see lol
No, my status in US is student and I have 3 years optional practical training(OPT, which allows students to work in US) to use. After graduation in June last year I got a job offer so I choose to stay and work in US for sometimes. I applied for Master of Computing and Software just because I'm not completely satisfied my current role and want to learn something more.

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
I'm at 79 days. Applied May 14th. I'm also outside my home country. I'm a US citizen, but living in India with my husband who is an Indian citizen. We applied for his OWP as well, but said in our SOP that we will be returning to the US after studying in Canada and not returning to India. We have a complicated application, but I never thought it would take 79 days! We've sent 2 webforms but both went unanswered.

chriszhang94

Jul 31, 2019
I'm at 79 days. Applied May 14th. I'm also outside my home country. I'm a US citizen, but living in India with my husband who is an Indian citizen. We applied for his OWP as well, but said in our SOP that we will be returning to the US after studying in Canada and not returning to India. We have a complicated application, but I never thought it would take 79 days! We've sent 2 webforms but both went unanswered.
Do you know where is your application got processed? You can send email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca this address, it sometimes has a fast reply than webform.

chriszhang94

Jul 31, 2019
I think we all got background check so that's why it takes so slow...

Girlie1983

Jul 31, 2019
Hi need some insights, i re-applied june 21, did biometrics june
26 , had my medical already since it is just a reapplication. Till now no answer. I went through CIC- baguio they are the okes
Who applied for my file through online. I am still not getting any feedback from them .my classes would start in August 29. So can you help me guys what should i do. Thanks