+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS Medical after submitting Application

Johnstephen98

Jun 5, 2021
Hello everyone,

Just a small question

I have applied for a study Permit on May 30th for the second time after getting refused the first time. I have given my Biometrics and have got the BVL form the first time when I had applied. However I have not given Medicals till now. My question is can I go for Medicals now even after submitting the application and send the Medical results through webform? Or should I wait till IRCC sends for an Medical Request?. I spoke with one of the Medical Diagnostic representative here who performs Medical checks for Canadian Immigration, they said they do not need IME Number to perform Medical checkup and it can be done even after submitting the application

P.S. I was not able to perform upfront Medicals due to the Pandemic and my Personal reasons.

A reply from the community would be appreciated

swarapriyan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Yes, you can do upfront medicals and then submit it through webform.
Just a question, may I know what I have to collect after completion of upfront medical to upload in webform? I don't have any idea. I have an appointment next week, If you share some information about what I have to collect and upload that would be grateful.

altctrdelighted

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
Just a question, may I know what I have to collect after completion of upfront medical to upload in webform? I don't have any idea. I have an appointment next week, If you share some information about what I have to collect and upload that would be grateful.
You will get an e-medical form with an IME/UMI number which you have to upload. Check a sample e-medical form in the link below.

https://panelphysicianoakville.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/PROOF-OF-UPFRONT-EXAM-UMI.pdf

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
As you are Non-SDS Applicant, you can wait for the VO to request you for a medical exam. This way you can save your hard earn money if there is a rejection, because it is a well known trend that if you receive a request for a Medical Exam in Non-SDS then it is a positive sign.

Reactions: Johnstephen98

swarapriyan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
As you are Non-SDS Applicant, you can wait for the VO to request you for a medical exam. This way you can save your hard earn money if there is a rejection, because it is a well known trend that if you receive a request for a Medical Exam in Non-SDS then it is a positive sign.
I agree. But I am waiting since 1st week of march after my Bio completion. It is the hard pain of dragging days without even single news past 4 months. o_O

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Unless you intend to give up after one refusal, there's no money saving sense here. You will still need medicals eventually....

jrodriguez

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
I agree. But I am waiting since 1st week of march after my Bio completion. It is the hard pain of dragging days without even single news past 4 months. o_O
Hi, I'm in the same boat, I took my Bio on Feb.24, they asked me ADR on March 29, uploaded on April 5th, no news from them since, i had risen 2 webform asking about my status the answer was the same "is still in process"; got GCMS, there wasn't any relevant information: Eligibility: review required, Criminality: passed Info Sharing: in process. I'm thinking of taking the medicals because this is frustrating!

Reactions: swarapriyan

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
There is no benefit of doing the medical now. At least a medical request will hint to you that your visa is approved. Wait for the medical request, sit back and relax.

Officially IRCC asks to either submit upfront medical or if you didn't then don't do until asked for it. You can go and verify on IRCC's website.

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Unless you intend to give up after one refusal, there's no money saving sense here. You will still need medicals eventually....

I have seen people getting refusals right after they did their upfront medicals, I am not saying that it is waste of money by giving the upfront medical exam, bearing in mind that it will valid for 1 year, but the fact is, it will give you a great relief if it is requested by visa officer and the application is going in right direct.

At least we will take it as a positive sign.

kwaame

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
Hello, in my case (non -SDS) I did upfront medical examination without waiting for VO request, after the results were submitted( about 2 weeks later) , I received email from the visa office to go for additional medical exams, in this case can this this be also deemed as positive sigh ?
Thanks