+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NON ROUTINE SCARBOROUGH APPLICATIONS 2017-2018

MILTON APPLICANT

May 24, 2018
Hi

I need your advise guys. Its been a year the citizenship application in process. I passed citizenship test on 1st Oct at Scarborough, GTA. Since, then its in process, they called me next day and asked to provide further explanation of business activities and letter received on 3rd Oct. I contacted my local MP LISA RAITT and she told me that you application is on non routine.

The application was considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):

additional information was received from your constituent regarding their business activities.
an officer is reviewing the information received.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications are currently valid.

· The immigration verifications are currently valid.

ANYONE ADVISE ME ? PLEASE!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi

I need your advise guys. Its been a year the citizenship application in process. I passed citizenship test on 1st Oct at Scarborough, GTA. Since, then its in process, they called me next day and asked to provide further explanation of business activities and letter received on 3rd Oct. I contacted my local MP LISA RAITT and she told me that you application is on non routine.

The application was considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):

additional information was received from your constituent regarding their business activities.
an officer is reviewing the information received.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications are currently valid.

· The immigration verifications are currently valid.

ANYONE ADVISE ME ? PLEASE!
For general information about non-routine processing and requests for additional information, including information related to proof of physical presence, see my observations posted in September in one of the many other topics where you just posted a related query:

The difference between *routine* and *non-routine* is not as significant as IRCC and some others make it seem. There are far bigger differences depending on what makes the process *non-routine,* ranging from requests which typically have a minimal impact on the processing timeline, to big deal things like full-blown RQ which can lead to very lengthy delays or even, depending on the facts, mean the application is in jeopardy.

There is NO definite or fixed timeline. Not even for entirely *routine* applications. The timeline varies from applicant to applicant.

[follow link to see full post]
It appears you have submitted information in response to the request. And either a processing agent or the responsible Citizenship Officer has your file in queue to review what has been submitted . . . in conjunction with the entirety of the application file I'd presume, and possibly in conjunction with obtaining information from other sources.

So your job now is to WAIT, WAIT and WATCH for communications from IRCC.

There is very little information about what the timeline ahead will be. Things could happen quickly. OR NOT.

There is no additional information you can obtain which will illuminate much, if anything, UNTIL either the processing agent or Citizenship Officer actually takes the next step.

If you are qualified, your application was in order, and you made a reasonably responsive submission of the requested information, odds should be good your application will proceed to the oath ceremony next, which could be soon . . . or perhaps some months. There should be little or nothing to worry about.

If there are issues, however, and particularly if IRCC still has some questions or concerns, that could lead to additional requests or more complicated non-routine processing further delaying the process.

Either way, you will not know how this is going until the next step is actually taken (in the meantime the application sits in a queue, waiting for that next step to take place), and when that happens you should get notice of this relatively soon, ranging from DM or Decision Made in eCas, to notice to attend the oath, or a request for further information or additional documents, or some other action. Nothing you can do to accelerate getting notice of what happens next. ATIP applications will reveal little or nothing you do not already know or will not get notice of very soon anyway.