+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-resident Canadian, sponsoring my Husband who is the sole breadwinner

zainabihsan

Jan 16, 2019
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum, but a cursory look around convinced me to sign up and ask everyone directly :)

I'm a Canadian passport holder who recently married her Pakistani boyfriend o 5 years in 2011. we have two children now both of whom are Canadian citizens. Right now my husband is the sole breadwinner of our family and we have been residing in Pakistan since we got married. I have been wanting to move to Canada since i want a better life for both of my girls and would like to sponsor my husband. My question is:

1) would i be able to apply for sponsorship for my husband PR since i do not have a job in Canada?

2) would i need to move to Canada first with my two toddlers before my husband or can i apply for sponsorship from here even if i do not have residency and then if it's accepted we can move?

3) y daughter has special needs and is the main reason for us moving there. do you think we should mention this in the application or would it be held against us?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
1. as a Canadian citizen you can sponsor from abroad......you can sponsor without a job but need to provide proof of how you plan to support the persons your are sponsoring......your savings, investment, employment potential, etc......need to explain.

2. you can sponsor from abroad but need to provide convincing proof that you will move back to Canada when the PR visa is issued......you may read previous postings on how to proof intent to move back on this site.

3. your daughters are Canadian citizens.....and Canadian citizens are not eligible to be sponsored or issued a visa......they cannot be included in the sponsorship application as dependents.....they will not be examined for medical or security....your daughters details should be filled only the form IMM5406 only......your husband is the only person eligible to be sponsored.