+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-EE PNP programs

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I am aware of that thats why I stay out of ontraio and plan on finding a volunteer farm or family in exchange for a living place
ECA I am planning to use WES to show for my degree and I will do the IELTS test at some point

as for job epxerience letters... well, thats my biggest problem since my experiance is an a useless profession I would never find a job in (software developer) So Im aware I will have a hard time finding a job but I am not planning on finding a fancy or high paying job anyway.
What you suggest - volunteering on a farm - is considered illegal work unless employer can prove they never employ people to do that job.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Its not illegal aslong as I dont get paid
No it is illegal according to Canadian laws. You don’t have a work permit even to do volunteer work. If the employer usually pays someone to do the job, and you are doing it for free then that is illegal work. If the job you are volunteering for will lead to paid employment then that is illegal work. So be careful.

-T555-

Feb 19, 2024
No it is illegal according to Canadian laws. You don’t have a work permit even to do volunteer work. If the employer usually pays someone to do the job, and you are doing it for free then that is illegal work. If the job you are volunteering for will lead to paid employment then that is illegal work. So be careful.
yes I have checked the rules and it seems that up to 4 weeks it is allowed to volunteer without work permit, aslong as your main goal of visiting it just volunteering, I have spoken to a guy who entered canada telling the border officer that he is going to volunteer in the farm to save renting money and he was allowed in.
buts its good to know to be careful with this.

-T555-

Feb 19, 2024
Hey I have another question
Lets say I found a job in saskatchewan (or other province) got a JAL , gave all documents and answered all critieria, then proceeding everything to IRCC.
Once its on the IRCC side, while I wait for IRCC processing times for PR, I am now free to leave my current job? during those 12-16 months of processing time do I have to keep working at the same job / employer? will it affect my PR decision?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey I have another question
Lets say I found a job in saskatchewan (or other province) got a JAL , gave all documents and answered all critieria, then proceeding everything to IRCC.
Once its on the IRCC side, while I wait for IRCC processing times for PR, I am now free to leave my current job? during those 12-16 months of processing time do I have to keep working at the same job / employer? will it affect my PR decision?
No you cannot leave your job until PR. If you do, your PR application can be cancelled.

-T555-

Feb 19, 2024
No you cannot leave your job until PR. If you do, your PR application can be cancelled.
that means holding the same job for almost 2 years?? what happens if I get layed off? can you provide a source with more info about this please?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
that means holding the same job for almost 2 years?? what happens if I get layed off? can you provide a source with more info about this please?
You are getting PR based on a job offer. If you leave/quit/laid off, employer must notify province that you are no longer employed and eligible for PNP. You will be given time to find another employer who meets requirements. As for source, that is common for most PNP programs because you are getting PR based on a job offer. If you don’t have a job offer any longer, you don’t get PR.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

-T555-

Feb 19, 2024
For SINP, here is the link:

• The SINP must be notified immediately if the job held by a nominees or existing applicant changes, they are laid off, or their job is terminated. Withholding this information is misrepresentation.
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/immigration-faqs#:~:text=The SINP must be notified,Withholding this information is misrepresentation.
I thought this applies to the SINP process, once you have done your part in the province and the decision moves to the IRCC its a different story...
Well, this changes things, I guess classic express entry profile and points collection is the way to go after all.. 3 years of open work permit should be enough to collect enough points isnt it? Its getting thougher to get elected and to find a job too...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I thought this applies to the SINP process, once you have done your part in the province and the decision moves to the IRCC its a different story...
Well, this changes things, I guess classic express entry profile and points collection is the way to go after all.. 3 years of open work permit should be enough to collect enough points isnt it? Its getting thougher to get elected and to find a job too...
No. You are a PNP nominee and still must inform SINP if there are any changes/cancellation to job offer until you are PR. Find a skilled job, learn French and who knows what express entry will look like in 3 years.

-T555-

Feb 19, 2024
No. You are a PNP nominee and still must inform SINP if there are any changes/cancellation to job offer until you are PR. Find a skilled job, learn French and who knows what express entry will look like in 3 years.
Thank you for your support, I have one last thing that confuses me if you may kindly clear it for me,
here:
Can I change my employment or resign from my current employment while waiting for my PNP-based PR application? It has been 18 months now and I am eligible for applying for an Open Bridging Work permit. - Quora

it basically says you can?, also looking out on other related questions its ofcourse not advised to leave your job but not a cause of terminating your PR process, have you referred in your answer to the specific saskatchewan program that does not allow it without finding a new job in 45 days? are other pnp programs different regarding that ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your support, I have one last thing that confuses me if you may kindly clear it for me,
here:
Can I change my employment or resign from my current employment while waiting for my PNP-based PR application? It has been 18 months now and I am eligible for applying for an Open Bridging Work permit. - Quora

it basically says you can?, also looking out on other related questions its ofcourse not advised to leave your job but not a cause of terminating your PR process, have you referred in your answer to the specific saskatchewan program that does not allow it without finding a new job in 45 days? are other pnp programs different regarding that ?
That question doesn’t say whether it is PR based on a PNP with job offer. Some PNPs are not based on a job offer. The whole point of PR with job offer is to work for the employer as they are supporting your nomination. If you leave, then employer notifies province to cancel nomination, and then PR application.

-T555-

Feb 19, 2024
That question doesn’t say whether it is PR based on a PNP with job offer. Some PNPs are not based on a job offer. The whole point of PR with job offer is to work for the employer as they are supporting your nomination. If you leave, then employer notifies province to cancel nomination, and then PR application.
I undestand, so EE-PNP programs are a more flexiable route? (like this one which requires EE-profile)
If I work in a certain province I may apply to get its support via EOI letter and I may get drawn using the province points system, but I still can get drawn in a general EE draw while having my EE entry profile, it does not contradicts each other am I right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I undestand, so EE-PNP programs are a more flexiable route? (like this one which requires EE-profile)
If I work in a certain province I may apply to get its support via EOI letter and I may get drawn using the province points system, but I still can get drawn in a general EE draw while having my EE entry profile, it does not contradicts each other am I right?
Most Express Entry PNP programs don’t require a job offer. SINP-EE - no job offer but your SINP score and NOC must be selected. For SINP, your education must match your NOC and depending on the NOC, you need a license. So you cannot be in retail but have an engineering degree. Each PNP has different streams with different requirements. You need to do research.