+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Accompanying Spouse ?

ajsg

Jan 3, 2019
Hello All,

Although I'm new to the forum (and this is my first post); I must admit that the discussions here are extremely useful and I have been following it right from the days of when I was contemplating on my expression of interest.
So Thank You all !

Now, jumping to the questions, I have received my ITA and have most of the documents in place however :

1. I know that a joint account with anyone else other than your spouse is not acceptable; I'm however curious if my joint account with my wife (who is non-accompanying) where I'm the primary (it's my salary account) will be acceptable or any additional steps needs to be taken ?

2. My wife doesn't have a Last Name in her passport and all other documents, however in our marriage certificate she used my last name - will that be an issue while submitting the marriage certificate and the passport details for my wife ?

3. I'm a salaried person and I have saved 9,000 CAD in FD (more than 3 months old) and around 6,000 CAD (Less than 6 months) - I'm attaching my salary account (discussed in point #1) - which has an varying average monthly balance (ranging between 3,000 to 6,000 CAD) - However, last month (November) I received a payment for a freelance work I did which is around 20,000 CAD (and it definitely sticks out as a sore thumb). I do have a bill that I have used to charge for my work but not sure it will be valid.

Many thanks in advance for all your help and suggestions.

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Hello All,

Although I'm new to the forum (and this is my first post); I must admit that the discussions here are extremely useful and I have been following it right from the days of when I was contemplating on my expression of interest.
So Thank You all !

Now, jumping to the questions, I have received my ITA and have most of the documents in place however :

1. I know that a joint account with anyone else other than your spouse is not acceptable; I'm however curious if my joint account with my wife (who is non-accompanying) where I'm the primary (it's my salary account) will be acceptable or any additional steps needs to be taken ?

2. My wife doesn't have a Last Name in her passport and all other documents, however in our marriage certificate she used my last name - will that be an issue while submitting the marriage certificate and the passport details for my wife ?

3. I'm a salaried person and I have saved 9,000 CAD in FD (more than 3 months old) and around 6,000 CAD (Less than 6 months) - I'm attaching my salary account (discussed in point #1) - which has an varying average monthly balance (ranging between 3,000 to 6,000 CAD) - However, last month (November) I received a payment for a freelance work I did which is around 20,000 CAD (and it definitely sticks out as a sore thumb). I do have a bill that I have used to charge for my work but not sure it will be valid.

Could you share more info about why your wife is non-accompanying? CIC would be very skeptical about cases like this. You should add your wife to the application because they will ask your wife's detailed information anyway even though she is not accompanying.

ajsg

Jan 3, 2019
Could you share more info about why your wife is non-accompanying? CIC would be very skeptical about cases like this. You should add your wife to the application because they will ask your wife's detailed information anyway even though she is not accompanying.
Hi,

Thanks for your response !
With all honesty, If I add her then our CRS score isn't sufficient. Besides, we have no issues waiting for whatever time it takes for me to sponsor her later on once I have landed in Canada. Also, just to clarify I've disclosed all details truthfully and already submitting all the documents required for my wife as well.

Do you foresee in any issues with this ?

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Hi,

Thanks for your response !
With all honesty, If I add her then our CRS score isn't sufficient. Besides, we have no issues waiting for whatever time it takes for me to sponsor her later on once I have landed in Canada. Also, just to clarify I've disclosed all details truthfully and already submitting all the documents required for my wife as well.

Do you foresee in any issues with this ?
Hi, I totally understand your situation. As I am not a visa officer, I cannot say whether there's an issue with it or not. They may likely be curious about the non-accompanying fact. Just be prepared to answer them if they have the same question. I have heard cases like yours gets through too if handled properly.

I wish you all the best!

schilz

Star Member
Dec 25, 2018
As you can see it raises some questions in this forum about the non-accompanying spouse so most likely it will raise questions when the file is reviewed by IRCC.

The outstanding issues that you've mentioned are worth to explain in detail in your application as 'Letters of Explanation', including why your wife is non accompanying (yet).

For the joint bank account: Include a letter explaining it, also it wouldn't hurt to include a letter from your wife where she agrees that the funds may be used by you, for PR purposes.

For the last name: Include proof that she doesn't have a last name, and a letter signed by her, where she states it and why she used your last name for the marriage, IRCC might require additional documents later as they see fit, but provide what you can upfront.

For the recent big payment: Include it in a letter of explanation along with supporting proof, including the bill you used and any other relevant documentation, I don't see a problem with this.

Good luck!

Reactions: ajsg

ajsg

Jan 3, 2019
As you can see it raises some questions in this forum about the non-accompanying spouse so most likely it will raise questions when the file is reviewed by IRCC.

The outstanding issues that you've mentioned are worth to explain in detail in your application as 'Letters of Explanation', including why your wife is non accompanying (yet).

For the joint bank account: Include a letter explaining it, also it wouldn't hurt to include a letter from your wife where she agrees that the funds may be used by you, for PR purposes.

For the last name: Include proof that she doesn't have a last name, and a letter signed by her, where she states it and why she used your last name for the marriage, IRCC might require additional documents later as they see fit, but provide what you can upfront.

For the recent big payment: Include it in a letter of explanation along with supporting proof, including the bill you used and any other relevant documentation, I don't see a problem with this.

Good luck!
Much Appreciate your kind explanation ! This really helps :)

Not sure if I should start another thread for this ; but will you able to guide me with another query that I have please ?

I have a total of 10+ years of work experience most (last 8 years) of which is under the NOC 2171.
7.5 years - 1st employer
1 year - ex- Employer
1.5 years - 3rd Employer (current)

I have declared all the experience, but I understand that the maximum points for employment is for 3 years or more. (So doesn't matter whether I show 10 years or 3 years).

Now, I have managed to secure the employment reference letter from my current and ex-employer. However, My 1st employer's HR has denied outright on issuing such letters, and has only provided me the relieving letter that has the date of joining, date of leaving and last designation included.
Besides, I'm only in touch with my last manager (who is still working with the firm rest all are no longer with the firm) with whom I worked for 2.5 years.

My question is in the current scenario - will the below suffice?

1. For my 1st employer - letter from my ex- manager for the 2.5 years (with the roles and responsibilities), along with the relieving letter from the HR and the email proof that they have denied issuing reference letter - explaining it all in a LOE perhaps.
2. Reference letters from my ex- employer and current employer

(FYI.. I already have the ITA) So, do I need to modify the years of experience shown in the eAPR ?

Deep161926

Sep 24, 2019
Hello All,

So Thank You all !

Hey did you get any response