+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non accompanying spouse: proof of fund

Naghm

Feb 5, 2018
Hello everyone:
So I recently got my ITA and my spouse is already a Canadian PR card holder. Just before the ITA I got married and updated my profile to a family of 2. Now I need to show funds for 2 family members. I was short of INR 1,50,000 around canadian $2500 from a total sum $17200 need for express entry. Do I need a gift deed for the above mentioned amount from my spouse ? I am not a joint account holder with him. He sent this money from his Indian bank account to my Indian bank account before the ITA. Will only a letter of explanation work? As it is difficult to make a gift deed from india without him being present in India.
Please advice any help will be appreciated
Thank you

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello everyone:
So I recently got my ITA and my spouse is already a Canadian PR card holder. Just before the ITA I got married and updated my profile to a family of 2. Now I need to show funds for 2 family members. I was short of INR 1,50,000 around canadian $2500 from a total sum $17200 need for express entry. Do I need a gift deed for the above mentioned amount from my spouse ? I am not a joint account holder with him. He sent this money from his Indian bank account to my Indian bank account before the ITA. Will only a letter of explanation work? As it is difficult to make a gift deed from india without him being present in India.
Please advice any help will be appreciated
Thank you
Yes, show the gift deed.

iirc, all he needs to do from his end is to sign a letter saying he's gifting you money in a format like this: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-format-of-gift-deed-affidavit-and-loe.487054/

Don't fall for the notarary hype, notary isn't required.

Naghm

Feb 5, 2018