06 May 2015
File Transfer...
19 May 2015
Med's Request
18 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
28 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Hi All,

I am a bit confused at this stage and would like to clarify a few points with the forum experts.

My sister sponsored my parents under the family class and she also wanted to include me and my younger brother as dependent children of my parents. She filled in the application, paid the fees and sent it on. After a few weeks she received a letter from CIC that she cannot include us in the same application and that she should send in a separate application for me and my brother. So she sent in a separate application for me and my brother, paid all processing fees, and after 4 years we received a letter from the immigration office saying our (me and my brother) application was rejected saying we were not eligible under the family class. Now my parents application has been processed further and they have had their medicals done and passports sent to the visa office. We were listed as non-accompanying dependent children in their application. Now we have received a letter asking me and my brother to undergo medical and criminal checks to determine my parents admissiblity to Canada.

My actual query is, we also have been sent an application form for permanent residence and non-accompanying dependent child form to be completed and to be sent back to them. I am just wondering what is going to happen now? Will our immigration also be processed now as dependent children as we are sending our application forms with background declaration and additional family information forms; or will my parents have to land in Canada and sponsor us? I also would like to know is there any way of getting us considered as dependents on our parents application at this stage?

Tried to get info from the CIC website and different forums regarding this but our case seems to be one of a kind. If I am not clear with what I've said, please reply and I will try and explain it again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!