+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non Accompanying Children

ccgirl39

Jan 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls help. I am sending out my application for common on the 13 of May so pls help.....Do I need to pay the processing fees of the non accompanying children? Thank you

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Non Accompanying Children

ccgirl39 said:
Pls help. I am sending out my application for common on the 13 of May so pls help.....Do I need to pay the processing fees of the non accompanying children? Thank you
No you do not. Just the applicant that is being sponsored. If you can manage it I do recommend paying the ROPR fee up front though, along with the application fee so as not to delay anything. I believe the total comes to $1040. I also recommend paying online, you will get a receipt right away to print and send in with your application. Good luck. :)

ccgirl39

Jan 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Reply: Non Accompanying Children

CdnandTrini said:
No you do not. Just the applicant that is being sponsored. If you can manage it I do recommend paying the ROPR fee up front though, along with the application fee so as not to delay anything. I believe the total comes to $1040. I also recommend paying online, you will get a receipt right away to print and send in with your application. Good luck. :)
Thank you so much for the quick reply....I will do it.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

ccgirl39 said:
Thank you so much for the quick reply....I will do it.
:) You are most welcome. Many of us get those last minute "application fatigue" questions and then when we try to find the answer on the CIC website, it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Best of luck on your journey.

ccgirl39

Jan 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ya you are very correct. Another question. My daughter has no passport yet. She is 9 and my son has a passport but no immigration photo. Is it just ok? Anyways they are non accompanying. What did you use as an envelope? I bought a plastic but with a wide space , for my papers are so many. Its so much. Maybe about 200 pcs plus pictures. They are so thck.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

ccgirl39 said:
Ya you are very correct. Another question. My daughter has no passport yet. She is 9 and my son has a passport but no immigration photo. Is it just ok? Anyways they are non accompanying. What did you use as an envelope? I bought a plastic but with a wide space , for my papers are so many. Its so much. Maybe about 200 pcs plus pictures. They are so thck.
No it is not Ok that your kids do not have passports or all of the updated photos. Now things may get a bit tricky.......as far as I know even when the children are "non-accompanying" they must still have passports and they must still be included on your application otherwise you will never be able to sponsor them at a later date. They cannot be included on your application unless they have passports and medicals done - even when non-accompanying.
Are you the sponsor or the applicant being sponsored and what country are the children from? Have you closely read your "country specific" information guide?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT

CdnandTrini said:
as far as I know even when the children are "non-accompanying" they must still have passportsThey cannot be included on your application unless they have passports and medicals done - even when non-accompanying.
Are you the sponsor or the applicant being sponsored and what country are the children from? Have you closely read your "country specific" information guide?
This is incorrect, they do not need a passport if they are Non Accompanying

Non-accompanying family members must undergo medical examinations. They must also
establish that they are not inadmissible for criminal or security reasons. If the requirement for
minimum necessary income is applicable, sponsors must demonstrate that they can support all
family members, including non-accompanying family members.

Non-accompanying family members need not be in possession of a passport or travel document.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
They do need to be included on the application and have medicals done so therefore will require photos if you ever want to sponsor them in the future

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
cdnmom said:
They do need to be included on the application and have medicals done so therefore will require photos if you ever want to sponsor them in the future
This is correct but they don't need passports.

CIC will insist they have medicals done even if the other parent or the children refuse. They do not like it when dependants do not have medicals done.

Eeriest Elk

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
Oregon
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2013
AOR Received.
12-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-1-2014
LANDED..........
21-1-2014
My wife is Canadian and my sponsor. Our three kids are Canadian, because they were born to a Canadian mother. Because of this I applied for them to receive proof of Canadian Citizenship. This means they do not need the medical or police check. They do all have passports and photo ID.

I am not sure if this applies to you.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

scottishmaple said:
This is incorrect, they do not need a passport if they are Non Accompanying

Non-accompanying family members must undergo medical examinations. They must also
establish that they are not inadmissible for criminal or security reasons. If the requirement for
minimum necessary income is applicable, sponsors must demonstrate that they can support all
family members, including non-accompanying family members.

Non-accompanying family members need not be in possession of a passport or travel document.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf
Really? Confusing and interesting - in our country specific guide it said the following and this was corroborated by the DMP, a lawyer and CIC when I phoned them (I told them the children were non-accompanying):

9 TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS
Photocopy of passports or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and
dependent children. Include only copies of pages showing:
• the passport number,
• date of issue and expiration,
• your photo,
• name, surname (family name),
• date and place of birth.
If you reside in a country different from your nationality, include a copy of your visa for the country in
which you currently reside.
Note: All prospective immigrants must hold a valid regular passport; diplomatic, official or public
affairs passports are not valid for an application for permanent residence in Canada.

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014

CdnandTrini said:
Really? Confusing and interesting - in our country specific guide it said the following and this was corroborated by the DMP, a lawyer and CIC when I phoned them (I told them the children were non-accompanying):

9 TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS
Photocopy of passports or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and
dependent children. Include only copies of pages showing:
• the passport number,
• date of issue and expiration,
• your photo,
• name, surname (family name),
• date and place of birth.
If you reside in a country different from your nationality, include a copy of your visa for the country in
which you currently reside.
Note: All prospective immigrants must hold a valid regular passport; diplomatic, official or public
affairs passports are not valid for an application for permanent residence in Canada.
I think where the confusion is coming from is that these children are non-accompanying... if they were being sponsored at this time to come with the principal applicant then yes they would need a passport.
Since they are not coming they are not at this time prospective immigrants

ccgirl39

Jan 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow! Thank you so much for all yor replies. They are all informative. Yes they had their medicals. I am the applicant and my sponsor is a Canadian.My two kids had their medicals on April 11 and they are included in my application. My medical will be on the May 10. And the application is to be submitted on the 13th or 14th. Its 97 % done only some few touch ups....thank you so much for the replies....