AOR Received.
08-09-2022
File Transfer...
19-06-2023
Med's Request
09-09-2022
Med's Done....
27-09-2022
I'm looking to make sure I am responding correctly to the request for information letter that was sent this morning. I believe we may have made a mistake on listing my husband's child as a non accompanying child in our application. My husband and I live in the United States, his son was born and lives in Mexico. Though we know he is my husband's child, the mother does not allow contact often, and he is not listed on the birth certificate. With the intention of being fully honest with immigration, when asked if he had any children that would not be immigrating with us, he put yes and listed the information. The letter is asking that we provide updated applications and birth certificate and passport for the child. We can't get access to any of that, it says just to write a letter explaining why we can't get it. Will this cause any issues with our application getting approved?

cherylc522

Jun 14, 2020
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
30-05-2022
Doc's Request.
27-01-2023
AOR Received.
08-09-2022
File Transfer...
19-06-2023
Med's Request
09-09-2022
Med's Done....
27-09-2022
I'm looking to make sure I am responding correctly to the request for information letter that was sent this morning. I believe we may have made a mistake on listing my husband's child as a non accompanying child in our application. My husband and I live in the United States, his son was born and lives in Mexico. Though we know he is my husband's child, the mother does not allow contact often, and he is not listed on the birth certificate. With the intention of being fully honest with immigration, when asked if he had any children that would not be immigrating with us, he put yes and listed the information. The letter is asking that we provide updated applications and birth certificate and passport for the child. We can't get access to any of that, it says just to write a letter explaining why we can't get it. Will this cause any issues with our application getting approved?

This is what I have typed up for the letter to reply. I believe this is what is needed but any insight would be appreciated.

Dear Officer:

I have received your request letter regarding my non-accompanying child listed on my initial application. I am writing to explain my circumstances around not being able to obtain the requested documentation.

My son, whom I listed on my initial application, was born and lives in Mexico with his mother. Though I know that he is my son, I have no documentation proving this relationship. His mother does not maintain contact with me, and I am not recognized by the Mexican government as having any rights as I was not listed on the birth certificate when he was born. My last in person contact with my son was in 2013 when I visited him in Mexico. I am unable to obtain his birth certificate or have him do a medical exam, and to my knowledge he does not have a passport as he has never left his home country.

I would like to request to waive the requirement for this documentation and am prepared to waive my right to ever sponsor him under the family class immigration in the future.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is what I have typed up for the letter to reply. I believe this is what is needed but any insight would be appreciated.

Dear Officer:

I have received your request letter regarding my non-accompanying child listed on my initial application. I am writing to explain my circumstances around not being able to obtain the requested documentation.

My son, whom I listed on my initial application, was born and lives in Mexico with his mother. Though I know that he is my son, I have no documentation proving this relationship. His mother does not maintain contact with me, and I am not recognized by the Mexican government as having any rights as I was not listed on the birth certificate when he was born. My last in person contact with my son was in 2013 when I visited him in Mexico. I am unable to obtain his birth certificate or have him do a medical exam, and to my knowledge he does not have a passport as he has never left his home country.

I would like to request to waive the requirement for this documentation and am prepared to waive my right to ever sponsor him under the family class immigration in the future.
You will need more proof that you attempted to get in contact. IRCC wants to see all attempts were exhausted because this will lead to you no longer being able to sponsor him. Is the mother aware that this may close the opportunity to immigrate when over 18?

cherylc522

Jun 14, 2020
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
30-05-2022
Doc's Request.
27-01-2023
AOR Received.
08-09-2022
File Transfer...
19-06-2023
Med's Request
09-09-2022
Med's Done....
27-09-2022
I'm fine with him not being able to immigrate to canada. He loves in Mexico, I live in the united states and we have no plans for him to ever move to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm fine with him not being able to immigrate to canada. He loves in Mexico, I live in the united states and we have no plans for him to ever move to Canada.
To sponsor your spouse you must show that you will be relocating to Canada so you’d be living in Canada not the US. Canada usually wants to show that you have exhausted all efforts because many children and their parents change their mind and want to sponsor their child or the child wants to be sponsored usually around 18-21.