+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nomination received after ITA

Telitos

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
K4n4d4WS said:
I think that the reason for success rate of 96% for PNP is that they got approved for their eligibility from the provinces
befor they applied for PR to CIC.
The other thing is that there are many refusals from applicants to the different PNP program.
and yes.... the purpose of the PNP nomination is to get over the cutoff score of the draw to get an ITA
by the way if you have any mistakes/errors in your application then its doesn't matter if you have a PNP nomination or not
it limits you to the province if you need a work permit during the processing of the PR-application
after you got your PR you have to land in that province which nominated you, its doesn't matter after you did your landing
Thank you for these clarifications. They will help me decide. I think I will go for the ITA. It seems to be the least restrictive option no matter which way I look at it.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Telitos said:
Under the heading "Mobility Rights", the section reads,
“ 6. (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.
(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.
(3) The rights specified in subsection (2) are subject to
a) any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence; and
b) any laws providing for reasonable residency requirements as a qualification for the receipt of publicly provided social services.
(4) Subsections (2) and (3) do not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration in a province of conditions of individuals in that province who are socially or economically disadvantaged if the rate of employment in that province is below the rate of employment in Canada."

That ought to do it.

Also, you say: "There are different classes of PRs ; provincial nominee, Federal Skilled Workers, Federal Skilled Trades , Canada Experience Class etc."

I don't have any documentation to support this, but the way I understand it, there are no such "classes" of PR. Once a Permanent Resident, you are a Permanent Resident and that is it (refugees might have a different kind of status, I don't know, although if they also become Permanent Resident, I would guess they are no longer refugees per se, but just Permanent Residents). What you are referring to are Express Entry Streams, different options to obtain Permanent Residency. Again, this is only my understanding of it.

Lastly, the wording you use such as "pledging alliance" is very strong and is making the whole thing sound a bit too dramatic. If the Canadian constitution protects its citizens' right to mobility, there probably is a good reason for it. As for judging a character based on whether he/she abides by his/her original promise to establish himself/herself in a given province, this isn't for us to judge. Personally, I can think of many legitimate reasons for a newly established PR to want to live in a different province than the one she/he had intended to live into originally. Economic reasons especially come to my mind (is it really beneficial to anyone to force an immigrant to live in a given province when the specific type of job that person is most suited for is in high demand in a different province and in very low demand in the province that person currently resides in? That's one possible scenario.)

It is a complicated issue no doubt, and this just isn't the place to generalize on it.

Besides, like I said, ideally, I want to reside in Ontario. I'm not misleading anyone as to my intentions. I don't believe I am.

This should do it :

“ 6. (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.
(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
a) any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence; and

" (3) The rights specified in subsection (2) are subject to
a) any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence;"

"any laws or practices of general application in force in a province"

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

This should do it :

a) any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence;"

"any laws or practices of general application in force in a province"

What do you understand by " any laws or practices of general application in force in a province?" Subsection (2) is subjected to it.

Since you do not know about the major classes of immigrating to Canada, get them from this link ; http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp

Program eligibility

Express Entry covers three of our key economic immigration programs:

the Federal Skilled Worker Program,
the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
the Canadian Experience Class.

If you are eligible to immigrate under one of the above federal immigration programs:

we will place you in a pool with others who are also eligible,
we will then rank you and the others using several factors,
if you are one of the top candidates, you will get an Invitation to Apply
if we invite you to apply, you can apply online for permanent residence.

Through Express Entry, provinces and territories will also be able to nominate candidates in the Express Entry pool under their Provincial Nominee Program where applicable.

I mentioned them earlier :

the Federal Skilled Worker Program,
the Federal Skilled Trades Program,
the Canadian Experience Class, and
the Provincial Nominee Program

K4n4d4WS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
10-11-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
08-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
GENTLEANDREW said:

What do you understand by " any laws or practices of general application in force in a province?" Subsection (2) is subjected to it.
I think you should ask CIC what they understand under this subsection

GENTLEANDREW said:
Since you do not know about the major classes of immigrating to Canada, get them from this link ; http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp
I am sure that Telitos know the difference between the programs

from CIC help center:
I am a new permanent resident in Canada. Can I live somewhere other than the “city of destination” on my Confirmation of Permanent Residence?

Yes, you can. As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada.

However, if you became a permanent resident through the Provincial Nominee Program, the province that nominated you has chosen you to bring skills to their province.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1113&top=6

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
K4n4d4WS said:

from CIC help center:
I am a new permanent resident in Canada. Can I live somewhere other than the “city of destination” on my Confirmation of Permanent Residence?

Yes, you can. As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada.

However, if you became a permanent resident through the Provincial Nominee Program, the province that nominated you has chosen you to bring skills to their province.

I appreciate this response :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1113&top=6/

It has answered a lot.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
K4n4d4WS said:

from CIC help center:

Well, if he/she knows the different classes/programs, he will not say that there is nothing like that. Besides, i equate classes/options/programs as same.

Again, the response for the subsection is presumed to be from CIC that he sent earlier and i think those rules are clear enough. I do not think that i have to ask them.

K4n4d4WS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
10-11-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
08-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
and this link's might be interesting in regards to move as a PNP-PR to other provinces

http://www.immigrationcoach.ca/provincial-nominee-moving-to-another-province/

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/revoke-pnp-pr-status-move-out-nomination-province-t223659.60.html

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got this too :

I am a nominee of Saskatchewan and here is what they replied to me

"Thank you for your inquiry,As a Permanent Resident of Canada you may work and live in any province, however, an individual is nominated to Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee program based on their intent to settle permanently in Saskatchewan. Should a Nominee not be living and working in Saskatchewan the SINP reserves the right to follow up to assess whether the Nominee has misrepresented their intent. The SINP can revoke a nomination to our program and advise Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of the revocation. Any final decisions are in the hands of IRCC.

Kind regards,
LW
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
Government of SaskatchewanLabour Market Development,
Ministry of the Economy7th Floor,
1945 Hamilton StreetRegina,
Canada S4P 2C8Bus: 306.798.7467www.saskatchewan.ca/sinp

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/revoke-pnp-pr-status-move-out-nomination-province-t223659.0.html;msg3262006#msg3262006

Telitos

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
K4n4d4WS said:

from CIC help center:

Thanks.

Enough said.