+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nomination - Alberta

Vancouvergirl

Apr 17, 2012
My boyfriend who worked in a hotel for 5 years has been terminated for some reason. He just recently had his nomination for Permanent Residency. My questions are can he still process his papers for Permanent Residency or will the nomination be voided? and how will I help him to stay here? :(

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vancouvergirl said:
My boyfriend who worked in a hotel for 5 years has been terminated for some reason. He just recently had his nomination for Permanent Residency. My questions are can he still process his papers for Permanent Residency or will the nomination be voided? and how will I help him to stay here? :(
Yes unless he keeps his mouth shut about it but most times the comfirm the job offer just b4 issuing pr.If he got his work permit already, then he could find another job and inform Ainp. If he cannot find a job till pr...the best bet is if you are really in love declare common law or get married if it makes you both happy and comfortable. Or if marriage isa no go, you can sponsor him to do a 8months course in hotel management...lots of courses like that. He gets pgwp then applies for his pr as a graduate of that course.

Vancouvergirl

Apr 17, 2012
Will he be given enough time to find a new job then? He's been with the company or hotel for 5 years. and isn't there a right of employee about termination notices??

Yes, I'm thinking about the "marriage option" so I could sponsor him. But there's also a lot of stuff to think about it as well. Such as, the duration of our relationship which is not that long. So I dunno.. I wouldn't mind marrying him, if it would be the last option so he would not exit Canada.

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vancouvergirl said:
Will he be given enough time to find a new job then? He's been with the company or hotel for 5 years. and isn't there a right of employee about termination notices??

Yes, I'm thinking about the "marriage option" so I could sponsor him. But there's also a lot of stuff to think about it as well. Such as, the duration of our relationship which is not that long. So I dunno.. I wouldn't mind marrying him, if it would be the last option so he would not exit Canada.
Common law needs the duration thing. But marriage just means they will check to make sure you guys are in love.