+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOI OINP

organicgawd

Sep 16, 2019
Hello everyone. I received the NOI from Ontario exactly one month ago and I'm unsure what to do with the 45 day deadline quickly approaching. Just for reference, I have a CRS score of 443 that I can maybe improve it with a better French language score (English is maxed out), and I am turning 30 next year.

My questions to anyone who can help are the following:

- Should I not risk it and apply to Ontario? I'm not sure if this is my only shot to get permanent residency.
- Is there a chance ITA's would be sent with my score or similar in the coming months or early next year?
- Would I be obligated to stay in Ontario if I apply and am accepted?
- Cost is a factor and I don't know if I should pay another 400-500$ to take the French test, or spend the 1500$ on OINP if it isn't guaranteed.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
This is a (almost) guaranteed 600 points unless you do something horribly horribly wrong to mess up your application. Why would you want to instead hope for a drop in CRS next year which may or may not happen?

If I were you I'd go for it. This is a no brainer.
Unless you really can't afford the extra $1500, or you really hate Ontario

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Considering the current Crs scores for the past one year, there little to no chance of getting an ita with 443.
Doing the French test might help you if you can get the score to push above 465 bcz that's really the score you need nowadays to be safe.

Really it's a no brainer like the person above this said. Take the NOI without further delay. With a nomination from Ontario, your ita would be sure thing.

organicgawd

Sep 16, 2019
This is a (almost) guaranteed 600 points unless you do something horribly horribly wrong to mess up your application. Why would you want to instead hope for a drop in CRS next year which may or may not happen?

If I were you I'd go for it. This is a no brainer.
Unless you really can't afford the extra $1500, or you really hate Ontario

Thanks for reply. Ontario isn't my first choice, but I guess after becoming a resident I could move elsewhere.

organicgawd

Sep 16, 2019
Considering the current Crs scores for the past one year, there little to no chance of getting an ita with 443.
Doing the French test might help you if you can get the score to push above 465 bcz that's really the score you need nowadays to be safe.

Really it's a no brainer like the person above this said. Take the NOI without further delay. With a nomination from Ontario, your ita would be sure thing.
Thank you!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello everyone. I received the NOI from Ontario exactly one month ago and I'm unsure what to do with the 45 day deadline quickly approaching. Just for reference, I have a CRS score of 443 that I can maybe improve it with a better French language score (English is maxed out), and I am turning 30 next year.

My questions to anyone who can help are the following:

- Should I not risk it and apply to Ontario? I'm not sure if this is my only shot to get permanent residency.
- Is there a chance ITA's would be sent with my score or similar in the coming months or early next year?
- Would I be obligated to stay in Ontario if I apply and am accepted?
- Cost is a factor and I don't know if I should pay another 400-500$ to take the French test, or spend the 1500$ on OINP if it isn't guaranteed.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!
Yep, I wouldn't think twice if I was you.

Each year the score is moving higher and higher. Better use this opportunity wisely.

Besides, as you say, you can always move around once PR