+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC_Identification

narv1992

Dec 28, 2019
Hi all,

Need your help in identifying the proper NOC for my job role-

Please find the required details on my profile below:
Education - Bachelor of Engineering (Food Technology), Canadian Equivalency- Bachelor’s degree

Post my Bachelor’s degree, I worked with an MNC as a Production Officer in one of their manufacturing units in India. My primary responsibility in this role was to manage the shift operations and I reported to the Production Manager. You can get additional details on the role and responsibilities for the job role below-

Job Description

Production Officer

The Production Officer is responsible to manage designated team, plant and material (resources) in a culture of performance monitoring, review and actions to ensure full compliance.
The role has a shared responsibility of tasks together with other Ensuring Supply processes (internal and external customer) to ensure a low cost, highly efficient and sustainable operation

Position Snapshot

1.Product Manufacture
Generate and issue instructions to factory shop floor and facilitate execution of production instructions by allocating appropriate resources.
Cascade and execute production plans and adjust operational activities by situation assessment according to available information and resources for optimum production performance (manpower, material and machine) and production attainment.
Plan, coordinate and follow-up maintenance activities viz. routine, periodic maintenance and CIP / shutdown activities.

Control cost of production by efficient management of available resources as per standards and safeguarding quality and safety of people and products.

2. Compliance
Ensure product and process compliance and adherence to regulatory compliance by issuing instructions and reviewing / monitoring relevant KPIs.
Ensure workplace safety and effective communication of Safety, Health and Environment to all team members.

3. Data management / Systems
Measure, analyse and control line performance and labour variance by using available systems / tools.
Measure, analyse and control material usage variance (raw / pack materials and energy) by using available system / tools.

4. Continuous Improvement
Review process failures and execute continuous improvement activities by identifying opportunities, accessing proposals and implementation.
Coordinate with other departments for production related activities viz. trials, new product development and technical projects.
Prepare related information and wherever necessary participate in standard audits (HACCP, ISO, GMP etc.).

5. Knowledge management and people development
Coach and mentor the members of team to increase productivity and efficiency by facilitating MBU concept.
Train the team on manufacturing process, technology and standard operating procedures.
Review and feedback to direct reports of their performance against their principal accountabilities and behavioural competencies so as to continually improve individual and team operational and/or technical capability in line with site skills and behavioural requirements.
Communicate information flows from the management to the shop floor and vice versa.

After analyzing the National Occupation Classification (NOC) codes, I believe that NOC 0911 (Manufacturing managers) is the closest match to the role and responsibilities performed by me. However, in the employment requirements, five to ten years of supervisory experience in manufacturing is required for Manufacturing managers. This prior experience is not required for a Production Officer in India.
The other NOC that i find relevant is 9213 (Supervisors, food and beverage processing). However, this NOC is more relevant to supervisors who worked under me.

I have written a mail to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca. Still awaiting their reply.

Please help!!!