+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC2171 - Information systems analysts and consultants

rahulverma4

Jul 6, 2014
Hello All,

I have 10+ yrs of experience in Business Analysis and Consulting in Financial Services. I hold MBA (Finance) with no IT specialization but my experience has been into business analysis and business process consulting. I met with an immigration consultant and he proposed "NOC 0121 - Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers" to match the Employment Requirements but I feel applying under "NOC2171 - Information systems analysts and consultants" would make more sense and I can show the relevant experience.
Would any of BAs / Consultants out there guide me and share some thought?
Thanks a lot!

pr4rajesh

Jun 16, 2014
Chennai India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER- 27-Oct-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
27-Jan-2015
Med's Request
10-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2015
You can try 2171 if you have the following:
•A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
•Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.

rahulverma4

Jul 6, 2014
Thanks! ... I am an MBA so that takes care of business administration part of education. Do I need to show exp as software programmer (bullet #2)?

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Rahul,

My advice would be not to go with 2171. NOC 2171 talks more about the the information systems (i.e. IT) part of the business. What it talks about is having knowledge about the IT components of any buisness and how IT has enabled the buisness (Business domain could be any like Telecom, health, insurance etc....). Reading your comment it looks like you have an consultant from the Business side.

I myslef is a consultant but I work on the IT systems and make sure that they supplement the business.

These are just my thoughts...I would leave it to seniors to throw some more light in this....

Vinzy

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (Processing) / ADVO (PP Sub)
NOC Code......
2281/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Nomination.....
25-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-3-2016
IELTS Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-6-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Hi All,

Could anyone please help with what/how should a reference letter look. I have full set of documents for my employment from Offer letter to reveling letter but my job responsibility is not mentioned anywhere. Please advise.

Thanks,
Vinay.

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Date

RE: Letter of Employment – XXX

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to confirm that Mr. XXX is a regular full-time employee of XXX and has been employed with the company since XXX. XXX joined the company as XXX (NOC 2282) with an annual salary of $X0,000 which is paid bi-weekly.

Below are his job details and conditions:

Current Position: XXX (NOC 2282).
Type of Job: Full Time.
Hours of Work: Minimum of 40 hours a week.
Current Salary: $ X0,000 per annum, paid bi-weekly.
Vacation: 3 weeks per year.
Benefits: Dental, Vision and Health.

As a XXX his responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Provide client support and technical issue resolution to end users experiencing hardware, software related issues by means of desktop support, inbound/outbound telephone calls and communicate via e-mails in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensure that all customer interactions are thoroughly documented within the ticketing system for future references.
• Utilize resources such as user guides, technical manuals, Knowledgebase, websites and help desk tools to locate solutions to known and unknown problems.
• Create lab environment using different type of servers to simulate and reproduce technical issues experienced by the customers.
• Troubleshoot and provide root cause analysis to enterprise customers on their hardware, software and network issues.
• Troubleshoot application server, monitor logs and conclude the troubleshooting before escalating to Development team/Defect Review team.
• Work with sustaining team to identify potential defects and bugs in the product, and propose a viable workaround or a permanent solution.
• Educate customers on new releases and/or possible updates on their products.
• Educate partners and customers with software/hardware best practices and documentation on correct procedures
• Help Tier 2 and Tier 3 Technical support team diagnose and resolve technical issues.
• Follow the SLAs (Service Level Agreement) given by the company and the clients.

Since his hiring XXX has proven himself as one of the highly valued employees in the company. Should you require any information/confirmation regarding his employment, please do not hesitate to contact me at XXX or at email: XXX Sincere Regards,

Manager

Vinzy said:
Hi All,

Could anyone please help with what/how should a reference letter look. I have full set of documents for my employment from Offer letter to reveling letter but my job responsibility is not mentioned anywhere. Please advise.

Thanks,
Vinay.

Vinzy

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (Processing) / ADVO (PP Sub)
NOC Code......
2281/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Nomination.....
25-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-3-2016
IELTS Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-6-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
ABS_1382 said:
Date

RE: Letter of Employment – XXX

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to confirm that Mr. XXX is a regular full-time employee of XXX and has been employed with the company since XXX. XXX joined the company as XXX (NOC 2282) with an annual salary of $X0,000 which is paid bi-weekly.

Below are his job details and conditions:

Current Position: XXX (NOC 2282).
Type of Job: Full Time.
Hours of Work: Minimum of 40 hours a week.
Current Salary: $ X0,000 per annum, paid bi-weekly.
Vacation: 3 weeks per year.
Benefits: Dental, Vision and Health.

As a XXX his responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Provide client support and technical issue resolution to end users experiencing hardware, software related issues by means of desktop support, inbound/outbound telephone calls and communicate via e-mails in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensure that all customer interactions are thoroughly documented within the ticketing system for future references.
• Utilize resources such as user guides, technical manuals, Knowledgebase, websites and help desk tools to locate solutions to known and unknown problems.
• Create lab environment using different type of servers to simulate and reproduce technical issues experienced by the customers.
• Troubleshoot and provide root cause analysis to enterprise customers on their hardware, software and network issues.
• Troubleshoot application server, monitor logs and conclude the troubleshooting before escalating to Development team/Defect Review team.
• Work with sustaining team to identify potential defects and bugs in the product, and propose a viable workaround or a permanent solution.
• Educate customers on new releases and/or possible updates on their products.
• Educate partners and customers with software/hardware best practices and documentation on correct procedures
• Help Tier 2 and Tier 3 Technical support team diagnose and resolve technical issues.
• Follow the SLAs (Service Level Agreement) given by the company and the clients.

Since his hiring XXX has proven himself as one of the highly valued employees in the company. Should you require any information/confirmation regarding his employment, please do not hesitate to contact me at XXX or at email: XXX Sincere Regards,

Manager
Thank you ABS !

erravish

Sep 25, 2014
Hi,

Is it necessary that the reference letter should be on company letterhead.Why i am asking this question because its really difficult to get required format from my previous employers.My experience letter just include my tenure and designation with my previous company.

Would it be valid if my manager in my previous company send the required details through his official email(My manager still works in same company) and his signature include everything from his destination,contact number and company address ?

Best Regards,

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Buddy,

Can you please clarify what does 'Previous' means in your case....Is this other than the one year that you need for CEC or is you case is that you worked for 5 months somewhere and you have been working since 7 months in ur current job and you are combining the two to complete 12 months....Please clarify....Thanks....

erravish said:
Hi,

Is it necessary that the reference letter should be on company letterhead.Why i am asking this question because its really difficult to get required format from my previous employers.My experience letter just include my tenure and designation with my previous company.

Would it be valid if my manager in my previous company send the required details through his official email(My manager still works in same company) and his signature include everything from his destination,contact number and company address ?

Best Regards,

erravish

Sep 25, 2014
Apologizes if i made it difficult...

In simple words..

I do have 9 years of experience in same field and this is my 5th company.By saying previous i am referring employers other then current.

Best Regards

fromblr

Sep 16, 2014
erravish said:
Hi,

Best Regards,

Reference Letter should be on company letterhead...if that is difficult to get, you might have offer letter and releiving letter right ?

erravish

Sep 25, 2014
I afraid that don't have my offer letter.All i have my releiving letter,salary slips and form 16.

Best Regards,

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
I am still confused....You dont need letters for the entire 9 years...what you need is just that one year which you are taking into account and if ur recent job is one or more year old...just take the reference letter and leave the others.....

erravish said:
I afraid that don't have my offer letter.All i have my releiving letter,salary slips and form 16.

Best Regards,

erravish

Sep 25, 2014
1> I've offer letters from the all the companies with whom i worked except one which i referred in my previous blog and i spent almost 5 years working with this company.What is the work around ? as i mentioned i just have releiving letter,salary slips and form 16 from this company.

2>Its been more than 1 year With my current company and i can show everything as asked by Canadian Immigration in terms of work ex. with respect to my current company.Question is --> If Canadian immigration found something missing in previous work experience then how would they treat the case..will they just simply subtract the work ex which does not match their terms and condition or they will refuse the file/ask to provide more information.

thanks..

Best Regards

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Buddy,

Are you applying under CEC or FSWP? If you are applying under CEC, then CIC need only you last job which you mentioned is more than 1 year....you dont have to submit the documents related to earlier jobs....

erravish said:
1> I've offer letters from the all the companies with whom i worked except one which i referred in my previous blog and i spent almost 5 years working with this company.What is the work around ? as i mentioned i just have releiving letter,salary slips and form 16 from this company.

2>Its been more than 1 year With my current company and i can show everything as asked by Canadian Immigration in terms of work ex. with respect to my current company.Question is --> If Canadian immigration found something missing in previous work experience then how would they treat the case..will they just simply subtract the work ex which does not match their terms and condition or they will refuse the file/ask to provide more information.

thanks..

Best Regards