+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC

Hassan Faruq

Jul 15, 2017
Dear All,

I have received ITA, however I have realized that my wife's work experience might fall under a different NOC(not 100% sure though). Can we make changes to the EE profile post ITA...for e.g. changing the NOC?

P.S my wife is not the principal applicant.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Dear All,

I have received ITA, however I have realized that my wife's work experience might fall under a different NOC(not 100% sure though). Can we make changes to the EE profile post ITA...for e.g. changing the NOC?

If she is not primary applicant and her experience is not in Canada then her work experience has no bearing on file. Simply move it to personal history. You don’t have to worry about noc and all.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Dear All,

Yes you can make changes like that post ITA.
FYI, just like @cansha said above, spouse work experience outside Canada has no added value whatsoever. At all.
Remove it from her work history and put it in her personal activity section.

Hassan Faruq

Jul 15, 2017
Thanks Peacekeepr and Cansha

I have removed it and my score remains the same. Thank you for your help. It makes sense now.

Just one point though....in the work experience section for my spouse there is a mandatory question quoted below
"Does XXXX Have any work experience history ?"
If I say No wouldn't it be contradictory or wrong information ?

Again thanks in advance !!!!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks Peacekeepr and Cansha

I have removed it and my score remains the same. Thank you for your help. It makes sense now.

Just one point though....in the work experience section for my spouse there is a mandatory question quoted below
"Does XXXX Have any work experience history ?"
If I say No wouldn't it be contradictory or wrong information ?

Again thanks in advance !!!!
No it won't. CIC knows that section is for claiming points. If you leave it there, system will generate upload field, and you can't leave an upload field empty because your application will be flagged as incomplete. Won't that be silly :D
Select No in work experience, and move it to personal activity if it's within the last 10 years.

Dec 16, 2018
Could anyone please clarify that what NOC code should be selected, as i am ACCA part qualified (Fundamental level passed), i am currently working as Accountant but wondering if same title can be disclosed in express entry? Or should I choose lower category noc like book keeper etc.
Thanks

halfcaste

Feb 15, 2017
Hello everyone :)
I got a question. I hold a B.A and also an M.A in economics and now I am an M.A student in Sociology. Also, I have one year non-Canadian job experience in Educational Counselling in a private institution. The job NOC is 4033, if I am right. My question is about the job requirements the category brings up. It says:
- A bachelor's degree in counselling, career development, education or social sciences is required for counselors in school settings.
- A master's degree in counselling psychology or a related field such as educational psychology, developmental psychology or social work is usually required.

With these requirements and my educational backgrounds, is 4033 the right NOC for me❓
Thank you in advance for your replies.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello everyone :)
I got a question. I hold a B.A and also an M.A in economics and now I am an M.A student in Sociology. Also, I have one year non-Canadian job experience in Educational Counselling in a private institution. The job NOC is 4033, if I am right. My question is about the job requirements the category brings up. It says:
- A bachelor's degree in counselling, career development, education or social sciences is required for counselors in school settings.
- A master's degree in counselling psychology or a related field such as educational psychology, developmental psychology or social work is usually required.

With these requirements and my educational backgrounds, is 4033 the right NOC for me❓
Thank you in advance for your replies.
The job requirements are irrelevant. You don't need to be educated in the field to do the job unless the jobs are like Doctor, Lawyer etc.

Reactions: halfcaste

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
Greetings.

Dears ,

I have been rejected at the final stage even after RPRF payment . Reason for refusal they mentioned is ' main duties mentioned in the NOC ' have not been performed.
Did anyone face such rejection? I have a good ielts score and I wish to re apply. What do you suggest find better NOC , or to request a different experience certificate from employer? If I change NOC and re apply will it have any negative impact?

Obliged in advance for your kind acknowledgment

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Greetings.

Dears ,

I have been rejected at the final stage even after RPRF payment . Reason for refusal they mentioned is ' main duties mentioned in the NOC ' have not been performed.
Did anyone face such rejection? I have a good ielts score and I wish to re apply. What do you suggest find better NOC , or to request a different experience certificate from employer? If I change NOC and re apply will it have any negative impact?

There have been rejections for similar reasons in the past. It is one of the most common reasons for rejections. There won't be any negative impact if you change your NOC and reapply.

Reactions: sao_18

priya93

Apr 27, 2019
Greetings.

Dears ,

Was RPRF paid upfront by you or you received a request from the authorities?

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
Was RPRF paid upfront by you or you received a request from the authorities?
Initially I just paid the application fee..after couple of weeks , got request to pay the RPRF and so I did..

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
Do you advice to find a proper NOC and re apply or tailor the current reference/employment letter instead and stick to same NOC ?
Will the scrutinizer check the old profile ..?

Obliged in advance .
There have been rejections for similar reasons in the past. It is one of the most common reasons for rejections. There won't be any negative impact if you change your NOC and reapply.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Will the scrutinizer check the old profile ..?
Not really

Do you advice to find a proper NOC and re apply or tailor the current reference/employment letter instead and stick to same NOC ?
I'll be shooting in dark as I know nothing about what is your NOC or what were the contents of your letter. And even if I knew I would still ask you to use your own judgement to choose what you want to do. I have seen quite a few rejections based on NOC code and hence refrain from advising on NOC codes.

Reactions: sao_18