+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC

femirabel

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Can anyone share your advise .

How am I going to get the correct National Occupational Classification code for my job currently am working as warehouse manager as SKILL TYPE 0 but the detailed job description of mine falls in SKILL LEVEL B Do i need to consider the skill level b.?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
femirabel said:
Can anyone share your advise .

How am I going to get the correct National Occupational Classification code for my job currently am working as warehouse manager as SKILL TYPE 0 but the detailed job description of mine falls in SKILL LEVEL B Do i need to consider the skill level b.?
While selecting the NOC, the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the NOC should be a close match with the actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you at the respective job. You need not match the duties and responsibilities word by word, but the idea is to have the closest match in terms of the spirit of the duties and responsibilities (at least 60%-70% match).

Also, NOC should be selected on the basis of the match of actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you rather than the designation match in the NOC list. If you are not sure of your NOC, write to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca with your job title, duties and responsibilities and educational qualification, they will help you find the closest fit.

While submitting your application to CIC, you can attach the email that you receive from NOC Team.

Reactions: mmorina

Gurjit_Sidhu

Jun 9, 2017
I have also same problem as have experience more than 4 years , my job title is production engineer noc code 2141, but duties performed by me falls under NOC 9227 foreman in prefabrication. I am unable to decide, which noc i have to select skill type A or B as I did my bachelor in Mechanical engineering.

thanks in advance.

Dec 19, 2017
Hi All,

I have two questions regarding NOC job code and one related to marriage-
  1. My duties align to a code however that code has mathematics/statistics degree requirement and I have Engineering. Should I align the job code to duties or degree required or both?
  2. 4 years of my experience fall into one NOC and remaining 4 years is another NOC. Will that affect the points?
  3. I am married. Can i apply him later after i get the perm card ? If yes, how difficult that is ? The issue is that he need to give IELTS and collect all his docs and this will take time. I dont want to miss this year's window for application as its already March 2018
Thanks in advance for helping out here! Appreciate it.