+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Hi,
Can you please help me in finding appropriate NOC for my field. I am a postdoctoral researcher in the field of neuroscince.
Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Probably 2121 - you need to look at the job duties and responsibiltiies, not the job titles -
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2121&val65=research

but your specialty is not biology, you'll have to be more specific about which branch of neuroscience...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
niko80 said:
Is NOC the same for Quebec and Canada applications?
Yes

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
I think 4161 fits me better:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ViewAllTitlesKeyword.aspx?val=4&val1=4161&amp%3bval11=researcher&amp%3bval12=1&amp%3bval13=2&amp%3bval14=&amp%3bval15=1&amp%3bval16=0

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
LOL, you sent the link for job titles, and I just said to look not at titles but at duties and responsibilities -

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4161

But only you will know if it is a better fit ...

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
2121 is fine when I read the duties it seems to be more appropriate one. I hope if I will not chose correct one it will be corrected by reviewers.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
niko80 said:
Hi,
Can you please help me in finding appropriate NOC for my field. I am a postdoctoral researcher in the field of neuroscince.
Thanks
While selecting the NOC, the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the NOC should be a close match with the actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you at the respective job. You need not match the duties and responsibilities word by word, but the idea is to have the closest match in terms of the spirit of the duties and responsibilities (at least 60%-70% match).

Also, NOC should be selected on the basis of the match of actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you rather than the designation match in the NOC list. If you are not sure of your NOC, write to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca with your job title, duties and responsibilities and educational qualification, they will help you find the closest fit.

While submitting your application to CIC, you can attach the email that you receive from NOC Team along with an LOE.

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi Seniors - can you please offer some insight here... multiple responses are fine.

Got 3 questions -

I have 10 + years experience in Corp Sales Mgmt which includes Admin Mgmt. For this job I used the Corp Sales Mgmt NOC.
I also have 1 year experience in a solely Admin Mgmt position which I used the Admin Services Mgr NOC.
I also listed my primary NOC as Admin Services in my EE profile. And in the OINP profile under - intended job in Ontario.

1) Based on experience in this forum, do you see my primary NOC being a problem with CIC as I only have 1 year in that NOC and 10 years in the Sales NOC?

2) I am awaiting nomination for OINP. Is it that after I get an ITA I have to restate my primary NOC in my PR application and can change it then? And if so, would that contradict my points/OINP application as misrepresentation? Or should I change it now to Corp Sales, will it affect my OINP application although I put my intended job in Ontario as - Operations Manager - Administration Services.
3) For the primary NOC, there is a question on the EE profile, how long have you been qualified to practice/work in this field? Is it that you list since you have started working in that area or is it since you have gotten a degree/qualification in that area (as in work and get the degree during so let us say I worked there for 10 years and got my degree the last 5 years of working at the company - should only put 5 years qualified)?

Bottom line - I have seen all these rejections/queries into NOC recently and I am a bit curious.

Sorry about all the questions.

Thanks!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malican said:
Hi Seniors - can you please offer some insight here... multiple responses are fine.

Got 3 questions -

I have 10 + years experience in Corp Sales Mgmt which includes Admin Mgmt. For this job I used the Corp Sales Mgmt NOC.
I also have 1 year experience in a solely Admin Mgmt position which I used the Admin Services Mgr NOC.
I also listed my primary NOC as Admin Services in my EE profile. And in the OINP profile under - intended job in Ontario.

1) Based on experience in this forum, do you see my primary NOC being a problem with CIC as I only have 1 year in that NOC and 10 years in the Sales NOC?

2) I am awaiting nomination for OINP. Is it that after I get an ITA I have to restate my primary NOC in my PR application and can change it then? And if so, would that contradict my points/OINP application as misrepresentation? Or should I change it now to Corp Sales, will it affect my OINP application although I put my intended job in Ontario as - Operations Manager - Administration Services.
3) For the primary NOC, there is a question on the EE profile, how long have you been qualified to practice/work in this field? Is it that you list since you have started working in that area or is it since you have gotten a degree/qualification in that area (as in work and get the degree during so let us say I worked there for 10 years and got my degree the last 5 years of working at the company - should only put 5 years qualified)?

Bottom line - I have seen all these rejections/queries into NOC recently and I am a bit curious.

Sorry about all the questions.

Thanks!
I've already answered this in another thread.
They're very straightforward question, and you're not going to get a different response.