+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC selection as per work permit or current job ?

whiteblanket

Nov 26, 2015
Hi,

I'm working as XY in Canada for the past two years and my job profile and responsibilities match 21XY. But I was brought to Canada as AB, my work permit is based on 21AB.

I created my express entry profile based on current job and responsibilities which is 21XY. I am seriously confused and wonder whether this will render my profile ineligible. I am waiting PNP AOR.

Thanks

sumitthegreat

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whiteblanket said:
Hi,

I'm working as XY in Canada for the past two years and my job profile and responsibilities match 21XY. But I was brought to Canada as AB, my work permit is based on 21AB.

I created my express entry profile based on current job and responsibilities which is 21XY. I am seriously confused and wonder whether this will render my profile ineligible. I am waiting PNP AOR.

Thanks
I was in your situation once and received a call followed by email from OINP that they don't feel my NOC code 21XY does not best suit my experience filled in EE profile. Even they were the ones who informed me that my Work permit application was based on 21AB NOC code so why i am putting different NOC code in EE profile.

I was amazed and shocked so I contact my company lawyer and asked details of NOC code used for WP application.

OINP mentioned in email that I have opportunity to put NOC 21AB for my experience in Canada and send them screenshot of changes in EE profile with in 15 days which I did within one week. i was granted Nomination later on.

Now if you would be lucky enough then you may get call from your PNP office or you can initiate email with PNP with a valid reason and send them updates over email for acknowledgement of changes. Ensure to attach letter of explanation with your screenshots.

Wish you the best

sumitthegreat

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumitthegreat said:
I was in your situation once and received a call followed by email from OINP that they don't feel my NOC code 21XY does not best suit my experience filled in EE profile. Even they were the ones who informed me that my Work permit application was based on 21AB NOC code so why i am putting different NOC code in EE profile.

I was amazed and shocked so I contact my company lawyer and asked details of NOC code used for WP application.

OINP mentioned in email that I have opportunity to put NOC 21AB for my experience in Canada and send them screenshot of changes in EE profile with in 15 days which I did within one week. i was granted Nomination later on.

Now if you would be lucky enough then you may get call from your PNP office or you can initiate email with PNP with a valid reason and send them updates over email for acknowledgement of changes. Ensure to attach letter of explanation with your screenshots.

Wish you the best
This is the email content I received from OINP.

Thank you for taking the time this afternoon to discuss your application for nomination by the OINP. As discussed, the OINP requires additional information / documentation in order to continue processing your application.

As noted during our telephone call, you have selected NOC 21XY as the appropriate classification of your position with your Canadian company. The OINP must be satisfied that you have performed a substantial number of the duties listed under the lead statement and main duties for your selected NOC in order to consider you eligible for nomination. I am not satisfied that NOC 21XY is the appropriate NOC for your position.

The employer letter that you have provided from your company does not demonstrate that you have performed a substantial number of the duties listed under the lead statement and main duties for NOC 21xy.

We invite you to review the lead statement and main duties under NOC 22AB, which is classified as a high-skilled position and as such may satisfy the requirements of our program.

Under NOC 22AB, technicians provide first-line technical support to computer users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware and with computer applications and communications software. They are employed by computer hardware manufacturers and retailers, software developers, in call centres and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors. Technicians in this group are also employed by independent technical support companies or they may be self-employed.

The employer support letter that you have provided from your Canadian company demonstrates that you have performed a substantial number of the duties listed under the lead statement and main duties for NOC 22XY.

Note that work permit issued to you on YYYY MM DD indicates your position as “User Support Officer”, which may be indicative of a work permit approval under NOC 22AB. In order for Canadian work experience to be considered eligible under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, applicants must demonstrate that they held the appropriate work authorization.

Kindly provide copies of the following information / documentation by return email:

Confirmation of whether you will be maintaining your selection of NOC 21XY in your EE profile, or whether having reviewed NOC 22AB and the documentation related to your work permit, you will be updating your NOC in your EE profile;

o Should you choose to update your NOC selection, documentation confirming the change to your EE profile, such as a screen shot;

o Should you choose to maintain your NOC selection, an updated employer support letter demonstrating how your duties fall within NOC 21XY;

The work permit application originally submitted to the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi and leading to the issuance of your work permit on YYYY MM DD

Your current work permit;

An updated bank statement showing the deposit of the funds held in your GIC to your chequing account; and

Any other documents you wish to submit to address the concerns stated above.

You will have 15 calendar days to provide the requested information / documentation. Should you choose not to provide the requested information / documentation within the stated timeframe, your application will continue in processing based on the information and documentation currently on file, which may lead to the denial of your application.

Please be reminded that if your address or other contact information has changed since the submission of your application, a Change of Personal Information form must be provided.

whiteblanket

Nov 26, 2015
sumitthegreat said:
that my Work permit application was based on 21AB NOC code so why i am putting different NOC code in EE profile.
exactly my scenario.

My work permit was initiated based on my designation in parent company back home (ICT visa) which reflects 21AB code. However I have been working under 21XY this whole time in Canada.

Thank you Sumit, your explanation was helpful.

sakthiece

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hi guys, I'm almost in same state, please advise on my below query (I have applied for Express Entry):

My Work permit doesn't have NOC code in it but the application submitted by my company has NOC 2171 in it. The job title mentioned in WP by CIC has 'Software Architect' which falls under example title of another NOC which is 2173. But in my Express entry I have mentioned it as per my WP application which is NOC 2171 and also current reference letter from employer has duties related to NOC 2171. Is it good?

sakthiece

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
exactly my scenario.

My work permit was initiated based on my designation in parent company back home (ICT visa) which reflects 21AB code. However I have been working under 21XY this whole time in Canada.

Thank you Sumit, your explanation was helpful.
what is the final NOC u put in profile? What if the employer provides duties matching with 21XY and you claim points for 21XY?