+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC selection 4162 vs 2161

Threadstone

May 14, 2019
Hi All,

Can you please help me with the selection of relevant NOC code for the following responsibilities. Which NOC suits me best, is it 4162 or 2161? Sorry for long post.

I am working as a consultant in a credit bureau . I have done my PGDM and have bachelor's in Computer science and engineering.

Responsibilities :

1. Conduct model risk validation by applying statistical and analytical principles on a wide range of Risk, Marketing, Fraud, Income and other variety of models used throughout in Banking, Telecommunication and Healthcare.
2. Create model risk reports, including authoring and presentation of validation reports for the attention of senior management, supervisory authorities, and model stakeholders.
3. Use SAS to apply statistical methods like logistic regression on customers credit data to predict the credit risk associated with each customer. It helps financial institutions such as Banks to allocate loans based
on riskiness associated with each customer.
4. Use SAS and Python to perform analysis using multiple statistical tests like correlation check,t -test , ANOVA, Chi square to provide insights the management that lead to significant business decisions.

4162 has duties which are aligned more towards economics side as mentioned in it's name - 4162 Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts. My work involves on application of statistics in model risk management domain therefore, it does not align with duties mentioned in NOC 4162 However, when i searched for 2161 - statistician in job bank - (search "Job Bank Canada"), i am getting all the jobs related to actuaries. While searching for 4162 i am getting jobs for risk management profile but NOC's 4162 duties do not match with the my daily work.

Thanks a lot.