+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC occupation HELP! Freight Forwarder

mkarinaa

Jan 30, 2013
Hi all,

I was planning on submitting my application from Russia for permanent residency once it becomes open on May 4th, but now I'm not so sure I qualify. Can someone please help me.

I have been working as an International Freight Forwarder for 3 years now, although my official job title is Manager at the EuroCargo department, my responsibilities are that of a freight forwarder. I always thought that my job falls under 0731 Managers in transportation because if you click on job titles on the NOC site, my job is under there along with some variations. After reading the 0731 job description I'm not so sure.

Could someone please help me determine my NOC code.

Below are some of my responsibilities at work.
- route planing
- negotiating contracts, transportation and handling costs
- customer service
- liaising with third parties to move goods (by road, rail, air or sea) in accordance with customer requirements
- offering consolidation services by air, sea and road - ensuring cost-effective and secure solutions to small shippers with insufficient cargo to require their own dedicated units
- acting as consultant in customs matters

Basically i handle everything from start to finish, mostly cross-border freight.

All other aspects of my qualifications are great, I'm 27, with a BS from an American University, and an 8.5 score on IELTS. But this NOC situation is having me worry.

Thanks in advance for any help, it is really appreciated.

Regards,
Karina

winbxy

Oct 4, 2012
you can try 1215
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1215&val65=freight+

category under O sometimes may be harder to verify

ZZZ_Prakash

Feb 5, 2015
Hi mkarina,
I came across this post just now, and i am currently planning to apply for Canada PR and facing the same dilemma. Kindly let me know which NOC code you applied since my job profile seems to be the same as yours.

Thanks in advance for any help, it is really appreciated.

Regards,
Prakash

Lari007

Oct 30, 2015
Hi Karina / Prakash,

I'm in the same boat, please share your experiences with regards to NOC code used?

Thanks ever so much,
Larissa